Fuelled by increased corporate advertising spend and a rapidly evolving customer intelligence landscape, the predictive and prescriptive analytics market presents a significant growth opportunity. These analytics technologies not only assist senior executives in projecting growth trends but also help organizations translate vast amounts of data into actionable, business-critical information. By leveraging machine learning, complex algorithms, and real-time data feeds, businesses can make more informed strategic decisions to optimize outcomes.
However, potential challenges like privacy concerns surrounding the use of generated data have been highlighted. Despite these hurdles, predictive and prescriptive analytics remain fundamentally important for Business Intelligence (BI) across various industries. Of note, the BFSI industry is increasingly embracing these analytics tools to compete and stay relevant, utilizing the insights they offer to enhance profitability, identify potential customers, and manage risks. Ultimately, this report provides invaluable insights into the trends, challenges, and opportunities within the predictive and prescriptive analytics market. Your company's next strategic move is just a purchase away.
- Further, using data-driven insights, predictive analytics provides businesses with actionable information. It offers estimations of how likely a given outcome is to occur. Enterprises use these facts to estimate future trends. Predictive analytics is also built on probability as its underlying principle.
- Machine learning (ML), algorithms, business rules, and computational modeling techniques are some methods and equipment used in prescriptive analytics. Input for this technique comes from various data sources, including historical and transactional data, real-time data feeds, and big data. Companies and organizations already using descriptive analytics tools and solutions are more prepared to deploy predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions. They employ these solutions more successfully since they have historical data to forecast from and run algorithms.
- Advanced analytics solutions provide strategies to address these issues using statistical and technical approaches, ultimately assisting in making strategic and fact-based decisions. As a result, analytics are crucial for Business Intelligence (BI) in many different end-user industries.
- Security and data privacy concerns have been brought up. Users are concerned about the confidentiality of the collected data because of the information generated on behavioral aspects.
- The COVID-19 emergence slowed the market growth, but the market is gradually gaining traction due to uplifting lockdowns. It provided several opportunities for businesses to digitalize and expand throughout the region as the adoption of technologies like cloud and AI increased during the lockdowns.
Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics Market Trends
BFSI is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share
- BFSI is one of the major industries in the predictive and prescriptive analytics market. Many BFSI companies are increasingly investing in the market studied. Predictive analytics play a huge role in banking and finances as they help forecast the future growth, development strategies, and internal flaws.
- Machine learning and AI integration can process Big Data, find hidden dependencies, and build solid predictive models in the sector. Being a data-dependent sector, BFSI is also investing in the analytics sector to enhance its digital transformation.
- Legacy banks and financial institutions mainly invest in predictive and prescriptive analytics to compete and stay relevant in the market. They are cashing in on the business capabilities of analytics for increased profitability and to identify potential customers.
- Banks are also using predictive analytics to analyze current and historical data of its customer and then predict unknown scenarios, like future customer behavior and activity. For instance, it offers insights into the possibility of customer propensity toward a personalized credit card offer. Its potential is brought out the most efficiently when integrated with business processes to draw analytic insights, generating projections that can be used automatically by other systems, like a BPM or CRM system.
- BFSI companies are using data analytics to predict mortgage default risk and for customer authentication. Data analytics is also being used for customer loyalty programs.
North America is Expected to Hold Major Market Share
- Due to its early and extensive adoption of advanced analytics across most industries, the United States dominates the North American market for predictive and prescriptive analytics. The nation's retail market is expanding quickly. According to the NRF (National Retail Federation), 2.7 companies were opening stores for everyone closing. In-store analytics now have greater importance as a result.
- The National Academy of Medicine estimates that the US healthcare sector wastes USD 750 billion on needless services. Predictive analytics can eliminate financial waste and save up to 15% of its budget by estimating the risk that a specific patient will contract a particular disease.
- Royal Philip collaborated with Humana Inc., a managed care organization in the United States, to improve the outcomes for the benefit of a few high-risk Medicare Advantage customers. Using the Philips Lifeline medical alert system, which includes AutoAlert and is supported by Philips CareSage predictive analytics, Humana can identify members who may be at risk. Patients with chronic diseases who are at high risk are identified early and referred for timely care and action.
- A market with strong potential for the establishment of a global big data cloud services market among early adopters is Canada, which leads the world in cloud adoption. Without accounting for secondary operational benefits, the Canadian analytics sector contributes more than USD 1 billion annually to the economy.
- Zebra Technologies and Profitech have a contract in place for Zebra Technologies to purchase Profitect. For clients in the retail and consumer packaged goods (CPG) sectors, Profitech's platform analyzes data along the whole value chain. After acquiring Profitech, Zebra Technologies intended to use the platform to increase its significance in retail operations.
Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics Market Competitor AnalysisThe predictive and prescriptive analytics market is moderately competitive and consists of a few players. Few big firms now control most of the market in terms of market share. For a competitive edge, firms are concentrating on product differentiation. Focus on ongoing innovation is one approach to achieving this. Forrester Research recognized Oracle’s Autonomous Data Science Cloud Service as a leader in notebook-based predictive analytics and machine learning, earning the highest average current offering score and the highest possible score for its solution roadmap.
- July 2022 - SAP SE announced the acquisition of Askdata, a startup focused on search-driven analytics. With the purchase of Ask data, SAP strengthens its ability to help organizations make better-informed decisions by leveraging AI-driven natural language searches. Users are empowered to search, interact and collaborate on live data to maximize business insights.
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5.1.1 Growing Importance of Big Data with Large Volumes of Data Generated, both in Structured and Unstructured Form
5.1.2 Increasing Adoption of Business Analytics and Business Intelligence
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Data Privacy and Security Concerns
6.1.4 IT and Telecom
6.1.5 Industrial (Manufacturing, Automotive, and Energy and Mining)
6.1.6 Government and Defense
6.1.7 Other End-user Industries
6.2 By Geography
6.2.1 North America
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East and Africa
7.1.1 Oracle Corporation
7.1.2 SAP SE
7.1.3 IBM Corporation
7.1.4 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.5 SAS Institute Inc.
7.1.6 River Logic Inc.
7.1.7 Infor Inc.
7.1.8 Teradata Corporation
7.1.9 Altair Engineering Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Oracle Corporation
- SAP SE
- IBM Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- SAS Institute Inc.
- River Logic Inc.
- Infor Inc.
- Teradata Corporation
- Altair Engineering Inc.