Strategically navigate the expansive terrain of the global geopolymer market with our comprehensive market research report. This report serves as an essential guiding tool to help you make well-informed decisions, providing granular insights about the trends, challenges, and opportunities shaping this highly dynamic industry.
Understand the relative importance of environmental regulations and the demand for repair and rehabilitation driving the market growth. Though the sector faces obstacles from the lack of uniform rules and standards, bolster your competitive edge by leveraging consumers' growing awareness of the benefits of geopolymer products. Amidst the fluctuations, the Asia-Pacific region particularly stands out as a dominant force in the global market, thanks to its remarkable upsurge in construction activity.
Explore nuances within industry trends, such as the dominant role of the building segment, innovations in the development of green technology in construction, and the increasing popularity of diverse geopolymer materials. Gain a profound comprehension of the industry landscape, wielding such knowledge to tap into promising opportunities and stay a step ahead in this rapidly growing market.
The introduction of COVID-19 had a negative influence on the geopolymer business. The construction industry was one of the hardest hit, with ongoing projects halted and all new projects postponed due to a shortage of workers and government-imposed rigorous standards aimed at preventing the spread of the disease by the year 2020. However, the market is projected to grow steadily, owing to increased building and construction activities in 2021.
- Over the short term, environmental regulations and emission strain on the cement industry and higher demand from the repair and rehabilitation market are major factors driving the growth of the market studied.
- But the lack of uniform rules and standards is one of the main things that is expected to slow the growth of the target industry during the forecast period.
- Still, consumers are becoming more aware of the benefits of geopolymer products, which is likely to lead to growth opportunities for the global market in the near future.
- With rising construction activity in the region, Asia-Pacific dominated the global market.
Geopolymer Market Trends
Building Segment to Dominate the Market
- The use of geopolymers in building construction has a vital role. Due to the rapidly growing construction activities and the overgrowing population across the world, large amounts of greenhouse gases are being emitted into the atmosphere, causing a huge environmental impact. With the increasing impact of greenhouse gases on the environment emitted either during cement manufacturing or in other alternate ways, the overall construction of building materials has created scope for the development and use of geopolymers in building construction.
- It has been noted that the building and construction sector has experienced rapid growth in the past few years. According to the World Bank, the value of the global construction industry reached USD 22.36 trillion in 2020 and registered growth compared to USD 27.18 trillion in 2021.
- The development of green technology in the construction industry dates back years. The increase in environmental awareness in recent years around the world has led to a positive assessment of the environmental impact of building materials in addition to their technical properties.
- Several types of geopolymer materials, such as geopolymer concrete, geopolymer cement, binders, geopolymer bricks, panels, and many others, are being used during building construction, owing to their versatile properties in reducing greenhouse emissions as well as energy savings.
- One of the recent applications of geopolymers in the building is cited as the first ever pile constructed in London, dated January 2021, using one of the leading geopolymer manufacturers, Wagner's Earth Friendly Concrete (EFC), by working with two leading UK firms, Keltbray Group and Capital Concrete.
- Additionally, in Australia, the University of Queensland’s Global Change Institute (GCI), designed by Hassell in conjunction with Bligh Tanner and Wagners, is the world’s first building to use geopolymer concrete for structural purposes.
- Moreover, with such growing usage of geopolymers in building construction, awareness has been growing among the public and governments over the advantages of using geopolymer concrete, and this can be related to Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport, in which mostly geopolymer concrete was used; approximately 23.000 m3 were used.
- Overall, the use of geopolymers in building construction has been growing. This is because geopolymers have a lot of benefits.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
- In the Asia-Pacific region, China dominated the global market share with growing construction activities and increasing demand for construction materials.
- To fasten up its economic growth to recover the losses during the pandemic period, China’s Ministry of Finance and National Development has planned to invest CNY 500 billion (USD 71.86 billion) in building up a state infrastructure fund in the third quarter of 2022, aimed at promoting infrastructure spending.
- Additionally, the country is working on the expansion of 30 airports to improve the connectivity to the country’s fourth largest international hub Chengdu Tianfu International Airport.
- According to CAAC, China’s 13th five-year plan include the expansion of air transportation services in low-income areas for poverty alleviation in 2020. The country is investing USD 1.43 trillion in the next five year till 2025, in major construction projects which includes ultra-high voltage energy projects, big data centers, high-speed railway, and intercity tracks & stations, 5G base stations, electric vehicle charging station, and various others.
- According to National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), Shanghai plan includes the investment of USD 38.7 billion in the next three years, whereas Guangzhou has signed 16 new infrastructure projects with and investment of USD 8.09 billion.
- Additionally, the country is targeting to build five million 5G base stations in the next five years till 2025, a growth of 25 times from the current number of 5G base stations. These massive infrastructure development projects in the country are propelling the demand for geopolymers in China.
- The country is also working on road projects initiated in 2020 which include the construction of an expressway between the cities such as Guangnan Nasa and Xiahou Xingjie with an investment of USD 1.61 billion, Chengjiang and Huaning with an investment of USD 1.86 billion, and Quibei and Yanshan in Yunan province with an investment of USD 1.54 billion which are estimated to get completed in 2023.
- Additionally, the construction of two new highway projects connecting Nayong with Qinglong, andLiuzzii with Anlong in Guizhou Province with and investment of USD 8.68 billion is expected to positively impact the geopolymers market in China.
- Thereby, increasing the residential construction in the country which in turn will have a positive effect on the geopolymers market in the country.
Geopolymer Industry OverviewThe geopolymer market is highly fragmented in nature. The major players in the geopolymers market are Wagners, Geopolymer Solutons LLC, SLB, ClockSpring|NRI, and CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., among others (not in particular order).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Environmental Regulations and Emission Strain on the Cement Industry
4.1.2 Higher Demand from the Repair and Rehabilitation Market
4.2.1 Lack of Uniform Standards and Regulations
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Cement, Concrete, and Precast Panel
5.1.2 Grout and Binder
5.1.3 Other Product Types
5.2.2 Road and Pavement
5.2.4 Pipe and Concrete Repair
5.2.6 Tunnel Lining
5.2.7 Railroad Sleeper
5.2.8 Coating Application
5.2.10 Nuclear and Other Toxic Waste Immobilization
5.2.11 Specific Mold Products
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 Rest of the World
220.127.116.11 South America
18.104.22.168 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Banah UK Ltd
6.4.2 CEMEX SAB de CV
6.4.3 Českých Lupkových Závodech AS
6.4.5 Geopolymer Solutions LLC
6.4.7 Murray & Roberts
6.4.8 PCI Augsburg GMBH
6.4.9 Rocla Pty Limited
6.4.10 Schlumberger Limited
6.4.12 Zeobond Pty Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Consumer Awareness Regarding Benefits of Geopolymer Products
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Banah UK Ltd
- CEMEX SAB de CV
- Českých Lupkových Závodech AS
- Geopolymer Solutions LLC
- Murray & Roberts
- PCI Augsburg GMBH
- Rocla Pty Limited
- Schlumberger Limited
- Zeobond Pty Ltd