This Mobility Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) highlights innovations in electric buses, electric vehicle fast charging, vehicle-to-grid chargers, and de-icing coatings. It also profiles a metal stamping method for designing automotive parts, a leachable material for reducing duration taken for casting turbine blades.
The purpose of the Mobility Technology TOE is to raise awareness of global technology innovations in self-propelled ground-based mobile platforms that are not only technically significant but potentially offering commercial value. Each monthly TOE provides subscribers valuable descriptions and analyses of 10 noteworthy innovations. The main focus is on highway-licensed motor vehicles (light, medium and heavy). Passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, scooters and railway locomotives are within the product scope, energized by any fuel. Many of the innovations concern powertrains (internal combustion engines, turbines, battery electrics, fuel cell electric, hybrid-electric), as well as drivetrains (including transmissions), interiors--seating and displays, advanced materials--as for body/chassis, wireless connectivity, and self-driving technology that is currently receiving so much attention. The A&T TOE outlines and evaluates each innovation, notes which organizations and developers are involved, projects the likely timing for commercialization, furnishes a patent analysis and provides valuable strategic insights for industry stakeholders.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
INNOVATIONS IN THE ELECTRIC BUSES, EV FAST CHARGING, VEHICLE-TO-GRID CHARGERS, DE-ICING COATINGS, AND DESIGNING AUTOMOTIVE PARTS
- Electric Buses Contribute to a Zero-carbon Economy
- Government Support Key in Facilitating Adoption of Electric Buses
- Fast Charging Ensuring Grid Stability
- Battery Vehicles Eliminate Range Anxiety
- Domestic Vehicle-to-grid Charger Reduces Grid Intermittency
- Partnership with Nissan Leaf for Vehicle-to-grid Implementation
- Durable Silicone Polymer Coating Exhibits De-icing Under Stress Localization
- The Icephobic Material Finds Applications in Aircraft, Power Generation, and Transmission Lines
- Nanocoating Technology and Sunlight Degrade Microplastics
- Photo Catalysis Device Can Tackle Marine Plastic Pollution Problem
- Metal Stamping Method for Intelligently Designed Automotive Parts
- Automotive Components is One of the Most Attractive Applications of Metal Stamping
- Leachable Material for Reducing Turbine Blade Casting Duration
- Improved Investment Casting for Lightweight Components in Industries Such as Aerospace
- Key Contacts