Africa Furniture Outlook offers an overview of the African furniture industry with statistical data (production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture for 2017) and 2019-2020 furniture market forecasts for 54 countries.
This Report Provides
- An introductive part describing the African furniture sector and providing prospects for the furniture market in the continent:
- Furniture consumption in Africa: 2017 apparent consumption and market prospects up to 2020, by country and by geographical area (North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, and Southern Africa).
- Furniture imports to Africa: by country and by geographical area (North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, and Southern Africa), including a matrix showing the main countries of origin of furniture imports.
- Large urban markets in Africa (urbanisation will be very rapid, with important implications for the growth of furniture consumption).
- Statistics and outlook data are also available in a country format. For the 54 considered countries, the report offers:
- Furniture market size, furniture production and furniture trade (2017). Country rankings to place all statistics in a broad African context. The real growth of furniture consumption. Market forecasts up to 2020. Countries of origin of furniture imports. Additional socio-economic indicators (Total household consumption expenditure, Total GNP at purchasing power parity, Per capita GNP at purchasing power parity, Urban population, Broadband internet connections and mobile cellular subscriptions, International tourists arrivals).
Key Issues of This Study
- A picture of opportunities for exporters of furniture to Africa.
- A rich collection of key country-data, allowing comparisons among countries.
- 2019 and 2020 forecasts on the evolution of furniture markets in the considered countries, based on the analysis of furniture industry dynamics and of macro-economic indicators.
Part I - Overview
- The African furniture sector
- Furniture consumption in Africa
- Apparent furniture consumption for single countries and by geographical area
- Major urban markets for furniture in Africa
- Large urban markets by population and main cities
- Imports of furniture: a picture of opportunities for furniture exporters arising from the increasing imports of African countries
- Breakdown of furniture imports and imports penetration by region
- Origin of Imports for 10 main importing countries
- The outlook for furniture consumption
- Forecasts for furniture consumption to 2020
Part II - Furniture Indicators
- Furniture sector's overview by country
- Origin of imports of furniture to African countries
- Furniture market outlook 2019 - 2020
For the 54 considered countries:
- Furniture market size, furniture production and furniture trade 2017
- Furniture market forecasts up to 2020
- Countries of origin of furniture imports
- Socio-economic indicators
Appendix - Notes, presentation conventions, classification of countries