In 2017, the Japanese MSS market witnessed a healthy growth of 7.6% on a YoY basis. The Japanese market continued to be the largest contributor in APAC, accounting for 32.3% of the market share in the APAC region.
CPE-based management/monitoring service (MMS) segment contributed to a majority of the share in 2017, with a YoY growth of 6.6%. While the HSS segment led the Japanese MSS market with a higher growth than MMS on a YoY basis, even though, its revenue contribution was smaller than MMS.
Currently, organizations are increasing the deployment of mobile devices to improve their working efficiency and flexibility. This will be a new area of consideration for cybersecurity.
Some of the key players in the Japanese MSS market include NRI Secure, NTT, IBM, LAC, MBSD, and Unisys. The top three players in the market captured a share of 25.0%. There are both local and global MSSPs operating in the Japanese market.
In terms of verticals, BFSI was the top spender in 2017, accounting for a market share of 28.2% among verticals. Manufacturing and government verticals were the other key spenders in the Japanese MSS market.
The Japanese MSS market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 10.9% by 2022. Japan is expected to be the largest MSS revenue contributor in the APAC region over the next five years. MMS is expected to be the major revenue contributing segment until the end of the forecast period.
The Tokyo Olympic Games will be the key driver for the uptake of MSS solutions across Japanese enterprises. In the past, several countries that hosted the Olympic Games - England in 2012; Brazil in 2016; and Korea in 2018 - witnessed, cyberattacks from hackers. Thus, Japanese enterprises are expected to spend more on cyber protection in the coming years.
The lack of cybersecurity talent across Japanese enterprises will also drive the MSS market in Japan.
Cybersecurity investment is not only specific to IT environment. Cyberattacks are also increasing in the Operational Technology (OT) environment. Therefore, offering MSS in the OT environment is expected to increase the demand during the next five years. However, awareness in the OT security is still at a nascent stage, so Japanese MSSPs need to provide more educational seminars/hold events related to OT security.
Another area that is set to emerge is cybersecurity for IoT deployment across industries. This will mainly be seen in manufacturing and industrial verticals which will drive IoT MSS.
1. Market Overview
- Market Definitions
- Managed Security Services Types
- Market Overview - Definitions
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Market Segmentation
- Research Scope
- Geographical Coverage
2. Forecasts and Trends
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Segment
3. Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Competitive Environment
4. Growth Opportunities and Call to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Outsourcing of Security Operations
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Increasing Shift to the Cloud and from CAPEX to OPEX
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Large Enterprises’ Preference for Insourcing
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Increasing Demand for Advanced Security Services
- 4 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
5. Managed Security Services - Vendor Analysis
- Availability and Completeness of Managed Security Services Offerings
- Country/Region Legend for Security Operation Centers
- NRI Secure
6. Other Notable Managed Security Service Providers
- List of Security Services and Vendor Partnerships
- List of MSSP Pricing Models in APAC
7. The Last Word
- 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- List of Exhibits