In the fluid world of global commerce, understanding the dimensions and dynamics of pertinent markets is invaluable. The global waterproof breathable textiles market is one such space of growing significance. With our comprehensive market research report, business leaders can gain critical insights into key market trends, enabling them to make data-driven strategic decisions.
Our report assesses the market landscape, exploring factors such as the burgeoning demand in sportswear and activewear industries that propels market growth, alongside the challenges presented by the increased usage of PTFE and PFAS-free raw materials. Furthermore, the report identifies emerging opportunities; take, for instance, the potential application of these textiles in the healthcare industry—a compelling prospect for manufacturers and vendors. The report also provides geographical analysis, recognizing North America as the dominant market player while marking Asia-Pacific as the region with the highest expected growth. Utilize our market report to stay equipped in an evolving market landscape.
The COVID-19 pandemic affected the waterproof breathable textile market due to global supply chain disruptions. During the pandemic, many factories responsible for raw material supply, mainly textiles and fabrics, were shut down. However, with the resumption of operations in major end-user industries, the market recovered significantly in 2021.
- Over the short term, growing demand from the sportswear and activewear industry is expected to boost the market growth of waterproof breathable textiles.
- On the flip side, the increasing usage of PTFE and PFAS-free raw materials is hindering the market's growth.
- Potential usage in the healthcare industry will likely act as an opportunity in the forecast period.
- North America is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market Trends
Sportswear and Activewear Segment Expected to Witness High Growth
- Polytetrafluoroethylene-based waterproof breathable textiles are used in various sportswear and activewear applications, including trekking boots, running shoes, sports jackets, work shoes, caps, gloves, backpacks, other sports clothing, and workwear.
- Also, polyurethane and polyester-based waterproof breathable polyester fabrics are used in manufacturing various jackets, outerwear, outdoor clothing, and workwear.
- Waterproof breathable textiles are used to design sportswear and activewear like joggers and hikers as they help dry clothes and manage sweat.
- The global athleisure market is expected to grow from USD 277 billion in 2021 to USD 381 billion in 2026, with a growth rate of 7%, which is anticipated to enhance the demand for waterproof-breathable fabrics.
- In India, according to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, the expenditure on sports by the Indian government in FY 2021-22 accounted for INR 8.39 billion (~USD 0.112 billion) through the Khelo India scheme. Such expenditures and sports schemes are likely to support the growth of the studied market.
- Hence, the increasing awareness about the benefits of waterproof breathable textiles in the sports industry shall further boost the waterproof breathable textiles market over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Highest Growth
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the fastest rate. The waterproofing breathable textile is increasingly used in the application industries such as sportswear and activewear, protective clothing, general clothing, and home textile.
- China has been an attractive market for athletic apparel, accessories, and footwear. Multinational companies are shifting their operations outside China due to rising labor costs; the country has a high demand for sportswear and activewear. According to International Trade Administration, the China sportswear market is expected to reach USD 82.8 billion by 2024, growing at an annual rate of 11%.
- China will be hosting the 2022 Asian Games in 2023. The games will take place in Hangzhou from September 23 to October 8th, 2023, as per the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA). The Asian Games generally attract more than 10,000 athletes across the region. Increased participation is projected to benefit the demand for sports and activewear, thereby benefiting the market studied.
- India is increasingly inclining toward the global fitness trend. The changing lifestyle has promoted health consciousness among people. The population is now adding new health regimes to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The sportswear market in India is dominated by sportswear and gear for men, followed by a market for women and a smaller share for kids.
- The country's general clothing and home textile is witnessing growth owing to rising spending power coupled with improved standards of living. In addition, the country's increasing construction and redevelopment activities are further anticipated to fuel the demand for home textiles.
- Therefore, the expanding demand for sportswear and activewear, protective clothing, general clothing, home textile, and medical textiles are likely to promote the growth of the waterproof breathable textile market over the forecast period in the Asia-Pacific region.
Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market Competitor AnalysisThe global waterproof breathable textile market is partly fragmented. The major players in the market studied include W. L. Gore & Associates Inc., Toray Industries Inc., Polartec, THE NORTH FACE, A VF COMPANY, and SympaTex Technologies GmbH (not in any particular order).
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increased Demand For Waterproof Breathable Textiles as Protective Wear
4.1.2 Growing Demand from Sportswear and Activewear Industry
4.2.1 Increasing Usage of PTFE-free And PFAS-free Raw Materials
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 By Raw Material
5.1.1 Poly Tetra Fluoro Ethylene (PTFE)
5.1.4 Other Raw Materials
5.2 By Textile
5.2.1 Densely Woven
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Sportswear and Activewear
5.3.2 Protective and Military
5.3.3 General Clothing and Home Textile
5.3.4 Other Applications
5.4 By Geography
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 FORMOSA TAFFETA Co. Ltd
6.4.2 HeiQ Materials AG
6.4.3 Helly Hansen
6.4.4 Henderson Textiles
6.4.7 Schoeller Switzerland
6.4.8 Stotz & Co. AG
6.4.9 SympaTex Technologies GmbH
6.4.10 Teijin Group
6.4.11 THE NORTH FACE, A VF COMPANY
6.4.12 Toray Industries Inc.
6.4.13 W.L. Gore & Associates Inc.
6.4.14 Wujiang Sunfeng Textile Co. Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Potential Usage in the Healthcare Industry
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- FORMOSA TAFFETA Co. Ltd
- HeiQ Materials AG
- Helly Hansen
- Henderson Textiles
- Schoeller Switzerland
- Stotz & Co. AG
- SympaTex Technologies GmbH
- Teijin Group
- THE NORTH FACE, A VF COMPANY
- Toray Industries Inc.
- W.L. Gore & Associates Inc.
- Wujiang Sunfeng Textile Co. Ltd