In today's highly digital business landscape, the Software-defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) Market is seeing unprecedented growth, driven predominantly by the increased adoption of cloud-based solutions. As organizations engage in cloud computing, they often experience a rise in operational complexities, fueling the demand for SD-WAN to establish streamlined processes.
Furthermore, organizations are increasingly focusing on reducing operational expenditure. The rising competition amongst manufacturers has highlighted the importance of minimizing operational costs to maximize profits. Adopting SD-WAN often presents a cost-effective alternative to expensive, traditional networking solutions. However, potential concerns over the security of SD-WAN networks remain, underlining the need for continued developments and advancements in this field.
As industries embrace digitization, SD-WAN stands as the ideal solution for businesses of all sizes that desire secure and seamless connectivity to manage their operations. Despite concerns impacting its growth, the compelling benefits of SD-WAN—from managing complexity to reducing operational expenses—make it a significant investment for your strategic focus.
Invest in our comprehensive SD-WAN market research report to stay ahead of your competition, understand the crucial trends, and seize the emerging opportunities in this rapidly evolving market.
- The increase in smartphone penetration rates has led to an increase in mobile data traffic. This has exposed the service providers to huge problems related to the streamlining of the processes.
- There is also an upsurge in the demand for internet broadband connections to replace more expensive solutions with simplified network solutions.
- The enterprises have now shifted their focus to the reduction of operational expenditure. Due to huge competition among the manufacturers, the only way to increase profits is to minimize operational expenditure.
- Certain concerns over the security of the SD-WAN network have come into the picture, which is restricting its growth and adoption rates.
Software-Defined Wide Area Network Market Trends
Enterprise Sector will Add to the SD-WAN Market GrowthAs the world accelerates towards digitization, enterprises, either small or large, want to have secure and seamless connectivity to manage business operations. This directs them to opt for SD-WAN architecture. SD-WAN also helps in maintaining high-quality streams for content consumption within businesses.
- Edgecore Networks launched two new series in the SD-WAN portfolio. This will help in better networking for remote workers and will address application performance issues for remote users. Specifically designed for chain stores and small to medium-sized enterprises, it will provide robust, secure, and adaptive network services on demand. Edgecore Networks is a provider of open networking solutions which offers NOS and SDN software for enterprises, data centers, and telecommunication service providers.
- Aryaka, the leader in fully managed SD-WAN and SASE solutions, launched a service Point of Presence (PoP) in Paris, France. Aryaka’s new facilities mean it can protect its businesses, regardless of any future uncertainty concerning the working environments.
North America is Expected to Hold the Major Market ShareSD-WAN solutions have gained popularity amongst enterprise and service providers in the North American region. Multiple successful pilot projects and full-fledged deployments performed by enterprises are creating a significant market buzz across the world. Driven by growing awareness and proven benefits of SD-WAN solutions, critical markets of North America are expecting a massive boost in growth.
The long-term trend for the SD-WAN market indicates that the North American market has contributed the highest business opportunities for SD-WAN vendors. The growing retail business in the United States has led to more organizational complexities, which can be simplified with SD-WAN solutions.
Most of the countries in the North American region are economically robust. This advantage keeps the region ahead of other geographies and leverages them to invest in the latest technologies like 5G, RAN, cyber security, and other IoT services.
Software-Defined Wide Area Network Industry OverviewThe Software-defined Wide Area Network Market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. The service providers are engaging themselves in mergers and acquisitions in order to gain a competitive advantage and trigger expansion.
In February 2022, Cisco joined hands with Microsoft Teams and Office 365 to address inconsistent software-as-a-service (SaaS) performance. Cisco released an updated version of their SD-WAN software which supports the optimal routing of Microsoft SaaS apps, including Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams on their SD-WAN. Cisco SD-WAN customers can leverage Cisco’s Cloud OnRamp to intelligently route Microsoft 365 traffic to provide the fastest, most secure, and most reliable end-user experience.
In March 2022, Verizon collaborated with VMware, which will help Verizon roll the software giant’s VeloCloud SD-WAN platform into its managed services portfolio. The service includes a centralized SD-WAN orchestrator, a network of globally distributed SD-WAN gateways, and a bevy of edge appliances for branch connectivity.
In November 2022, TVI, the technology services distributor, signed a deal with Aryaka that will allow TBI agents to sell the secure network services provider’s offering. It will also offer a unified, secure access service edge (SASE). With its advanced technology, Aryaka fully converges advanced networking and cybersecurity features onto the same cloud-based platform rather than running them in separate silos.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
2.2 Scope of the Study
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Increased Number of Cloud-based Solution
5.2.2 Simplified Network Solution
5.2.3 Growing Demand for Mobility Services
5.3 Market Restraints
5.3.1 Data Security
5.3.2 Lack of Qualified Trainers
5.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
5.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
5.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
5.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6.2 By Component Type
6.3 By Organisation Size
6.3.1 Large Enterprises
6.3.2 Small-Medium Enterprises
6.4 By End-user Industry
6.4.2 Banking and Financial Services
6.4.3 Retail and Consumer Services
6.4.5 Transport and Logistics
6.4.6 IT and Telecom
6.4.7 Other End-user Industries
6.5.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Australia & New Zealand
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5.4 Latin America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Latin America
7.2 Mergers and Acquisitions
7.3 Company Profiles
7.3.5 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
7.3.7 Tata Communications
7.3.8 MCM Telecom
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Tata Communications
- MCM Telecom