Embedded Mechatronic Systems 2: Analysis of Failures, Predictive Reliability, Second Edition presents two methodologies, the statistical approach to the design optimization by reliability and the experimental approach for the characterization of the development of mechatronic systems in operating mode. The book also analyzes new tools that assess the effects of thermal, vibratory, humidity, electric and electromagnetic stresses. The mechatronics concepts presented in this book apply to computer science, mechanics and electronics, thus enabling us to improve the performances of embedded electronic systems by reducing their weight, volume, energy consumption and cost.
- Provides a statistical approach to design optimization through reliability
- Presents an experimental approach for the characterization of the development of mechatronic systems in operating mode
- Analyzes new tools that effect thermal, vibratory, humidity, electric and electromagnetic stresses
2. Non-Destructive Characterization by Spectroscopic Ellipsometry of Interfaces in Mechatronic Devices
3. Method of Characterizing the Electromagnetic Environment in Hyperfrequency Circuits Encapsulated within Metallic Cavities
4. Metrology of Static and Dynamic Displacements and Deformations Using Full-Field Techniques
5. Characterization of Switching Transistors under Electrical Overvoltage Stresses
6. Reliability OF Radio Frequency Power Transistors to Electromagnetic and Thermal Stress
7. Internal Temperature Measurement of Electronic Components
8. Reliability Prediction of Embedded Electronic Systems: the FIDES Guide
9. Study of the Dynamic Contact Between Deformable Solids
Abdelkhalak El Hami is Professeur des universités at the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (INSA-Rouen) in France and is in charge of the Normandy Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers (CNAM) Chair of Mechanics and Head of the department of mechanical engineering of INSA Normandy, as well as several European pedagogical projects. He is an expert in fluid-structure interaction studies, reliability and optimization.
Expert in reliability and product-process technology at Valeo, Philippe Pougnet is a doctor-engineer of the Scientific and Medical University of Grenoble and an INPG engineer. He is responsible for the management of the reliability of mechatronic systems manufactured in mass production.