- Focuses on the latest treatment protocols for managing patients at every level of complexity.
- Includes all-new chapters on Coronary Stenting, Diagnosis and Treatment of Coronary Microvascular Disease, Percutaneous Transcatheter Valve in Valve Implantation, and Percutaneous Tricuspid Valve Repair.
- Features hundreds of new illustrations, tables, and boxes for visual clarity and quick reference.
- Offers expanded coverage of transcatheter aortic valve interventions with extensive updates on practice implications.
- Discusses hot topics such new atherectomy devices, percutaneous mitral valve replacement, and percutaneous treatment of paravalvular leak.
- Provides the unique insights of expert leaders in the field who have pioneered today's innovative devices and techniques and lend their own analysis of practical, evidence-based clinical applications.
- Presents the most recent data on how genomics and genetics impact interventional cardiology.
- Provides an in-depth understanding of cardiology, making it well suited for cardiology and interventional cardiology exam preparation. - Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1 Individualized Assessment for Percutaneous or Surgical-Based Revascularization 2 Evidence-Based Interventional Practice 3 Diabetes 4 Noninvasive Evaluation: Functional Testing,Multidetector Computed Tomography, and Stress Cardiac MRI 5 Intracoronary Pressure and Flow Measurements 6 Contrast-Induced Acute Kidney Injury and the Role of Chronic Kidney Disease in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention 7 Radiation Safety During Cardiovascular Procedures 8 Coronary and Valvular Intervention Prior to Noncardiac Surgery 9 Sex and Ethnicity Issues in Interventional Cardiology 10 Platelet Inhibitor Agents 11 Anticoagulation in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention 12 Thrombolytic Intervention 13 Other Adjunctive Drugs for Coronary Intervention: Beta-Blockers, Calcium-Channel Blockers, and Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors 14 Coronary Stenting: Practical Considerations, Equipment Selection, Tips and Caveats 15 Coronary Stenting 16 Bioresorbable Coronary Scaffolds 17 Drug-Eluting Balloons 18 Elective Intervention for Stable Angina or Silent Ischemia 19 Intervention for Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes 20 Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Acute ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction 21 Post-Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Hospitalization, Length of Stay, and Discharge Planning 22 Interventions in Cardiogenic Shock 23 Bifurcations and Branch Vessel Stenting 24 Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Unprotected Left Main Coronary Artery Stenosis 25 Complex and Multivessel Percutaneous Coronary Intervention 26 Intervention for Coronary Chronic Total Occlusions 27 Bypass Graft Intervention 28 The Thrombus-Containing Lesion 29 Complications of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention 30 Periprocedural Myocardial Infarction and Embolism-Protection Devices 31 Access Management and Closure Devices 32 Transradial Access for Cardiovascular Catheterization and Intervention 33 Role of the Cardiac Surgeon and the Heart Team 34 Restenosis 35 Role of Adjunct Devices: Atherectomy, Cutting Balloon, and Laser 36 Supported Percutaneous Intervention 37 Regional Centers of Excellence for the Care of Patients With Acute Ischemic Heart Disease 38 Diagnosis and Treatment of Coronary Microvascular Disease 39 Lower Extremity Interventions 40 Upper Extremities and Aortic Arch 41 Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia: Diagnosis and Intervention 42 Renal Artery Stenosis 43 Device Therapy for Resistant Hypertension 44 Aortic Vascular Interventions (Thoracic and Abdominal) 45 Venous Intervention 46 Carotid and Cerebrovascular Intervention 47 Stroke Centers and Interventional Cardiology 48 Imaging for Intracardiac Interventions 49 Percutaneous Closure of Patent Foramen Ovale and Atrial Septal Defect 50 Left Atrial Appendage Closure and Stroke: Local Device Therapy for Cardioembolic Stroke Protection 51 Mitral Valvuloplasty 52 Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement 53 Balloon-Expandable Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Systems 54 Self-Expanding Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement 55 Percutaneous Transcatheter Valve-in-Valve Implantation 56 Pulmonary Valve Interventions 57 Percutaneous Tricuspid Valve Repair 58 Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 59 Percutaneous Balloon Pericardiotomy for Patients With Pericardial Effusion and Tamponade 60 Transcatheter Therapies for Congenital Heart Disease 61 Stem Cell Therapy for Ischemic Heart Disease 62 Percutaneous Treatment of Paravalvular Leak 63 Interventional Heart Failure 64 Qualitative and Quantitative Coronary Angiography 65 Intravascular Ultrasound 66 The Dynamic Spectrum of Coronary Atheroma: From Atherogenesis to Vulnerable Plaque to Plaque Regression 67 Optical Coherence Tomography 68 Medical Economics in Interventional Cardiology 69 Quality of Care in Interventional Cardiology 70 Volume and Outcome
Paul S. Teirstein Chief of Cardiology, Director, Interventional Cardiology, Scripps Clinic; Director, Scripps Prebys Cardiovascular Institute, Scripps Health, La Jolla, California.