Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), formerly known as Saigon, is the economic hub of Vietnam and accounted for over 24.1% of the national GDP. Significant growth in the service and industry sectors in the region is expected to be major drivers of growth for the next five years.
“City Profile - Ho Chi Minh City” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Ho Chi Minh City. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing output and foreign direct investment projects.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- - Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About the Author
Table 1: Ho Chi Minh City - key facts (estimates), 2018
Table 2: Ho Chi Minh City - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Ho Chi Minh City - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Ho Chi Minh City - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Ho Chi Minh City - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Ho Chi Minh City - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 7: Ho Chi Minh City - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 8: Ho Chi Minh City - office rents, Q4 2018
Table 9: Ho Chi Minh city - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Ho Chi Minh City - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Ho Chi Minh City - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Ho Chi Minh City - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Ho Chi Minh City - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Ho Chi Minh City - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Ho Chi Minh City - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)