A MATLAB® Primer for Technical Programming for Materials Science and Engineering draws on examples from the field, providing the latest information on this programming tool that is targeted towards materials science. The book enables non-programmers to master MATLAB® in order to solve problems in materials science, assuming only a modest mathematical background. In addition, the book introduces programming and technical concepts in a logical manner to help students use MATLAB® for subsequent projects. This title offers materials scientists who are non-programming specialists with a coherent and focused introduction to MATLAB®.
- Provides the necessary background, alongside examples drawn from the field, to allow materials scientists to effectively master MATLAB®
- Guides the reader through programming and technical concepts in a logical and coherent manner
- Promotes a thorough working familiarity with MATLAB® for materials scientists
- Gives the information needed to write efficient and compact programs to solve problems in materials science, tribology, mechanics of materials and other material-related disciplines
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Introduction 2. Basics of software for solving materials science problems 3. Graphics and presentations 4. Writing programs for technical calculations 5. Curve fit commands and the basic fitting tool 6. ODE-, pdepe-Solvers, PDE Tool with Applications in MSE
Dr Leonid Burstein is an associate staff member of ORT Braude Academic College of Engineering, Department of Software Engineering, in Israel. Prior to this, he taught at the Technion -IIT, at Kinneret Academic College, and at several other academic institution in Western and Lower Galilee in Israel. At various stages he worked at leading research institutions in Russian, Belarus and Ukraine. He has more than 20 years of research experience and 15 years of teaching experience in the fields of material properties, tribology and MATLAB®. He has published widely in the field, including two books published by Elsevier.