As the U.S. population ages, significant workforce shortages are expected for in-home health care.
This 2019 chartbook examines trends in the home care labor market and future projections for workers within this important segment of the healthcare industry.
- Over 4 million individuals are served by home health per day.
- Nearly a quarter of the U.S. population is projected to be age 65+ in 2060.
- The workforce gap for home health aides projected to reach nearly a half million by 2025.
- Executive Summary
- Significant Workforce Shortages Expected
- Aging Population Drives Demand
- Employment Opportunities for Caregivers Expected To Surge
- Home Care Is The Preferred Setting For Patients
- Cost Of Care For Aging Population
- Medicare Is The Primary Payer For Home Care
- High Turnover Is A Top Challenge