This report looks at the impact of India on the global automotive sector. In 2018, the global automotive industry was worth at least $3.5 trillion. India’s industry accounted for around 2% of the world total at some $68.6 billion. While India’s GDP is expected to grow by 7.2% in 2019, its auto sector is forecast to grow by 8.2% in value.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
- The author has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, the author’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, the author tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in the author’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
- Automotive companies with strong exposure to India’s automotive market
- Non-automotive companies with exposure to India
- Indian automotive companies with a strong global presence
- Indian automotive trends
- Global automotive trends
- INDIA’S AUTOMOTIVE SECTOR STARTING TO FULFIL ITS POTENTIAL
- How big are India’s automotive OEMs?
- How global are India’s top automotive OEMs?
- Which international OEMs are present in India?
- Few Fortune 500 companies headquartered in India
- India’s growth industries
- Make in India program
- MACRO-ECONOMIC INDICATORS
- Share of global GDP
- Income levels
- Indian cities dominate global GDP growth rankings
- Industrial performance
- Ease of doing business
- Economic growth outlook
- Country risk
- Governance risks
- APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Bajaj Auto
- Tata Motors
- Ashok Leyland
- Eicher Motors
- Force Motors