1h Free Analyst TimeTrends in Duty Free Retailing
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Global duty free sales are projected to register a CAGR of 7.1% over the next five years to reach US$75.4 billion by 2022. A pick up in global tourism, an increased number of outbound trips by the Chinese, greater availability of affordable travel options, and the ensuing rise in consumer affluence in the APAC region are all projected to support sales growth over that period.
- Revival of global tourism and improved access of duty free goods will drive sales growth
- Dominated by South Korea and China, APAC is the largest duty free market in the world
- The APAC region surpasses the global average, with Europe set to register low growth
- Cosmetics & toiletries is the most purchased category through duty free
- Sub-channel duty free expenditure (US$ billion) and share (%) in 2017 and 2022
- Seven of the top 10 countries worldwide will be in APAC, highlighting the region’s dominance.
Reasons to buy
- This report offers an analysis of trends influencing duty free retail sales. It includes strategies adopted by various retailers, insights on consumer trends, and challenges and drivers influencing performance of duty free retail stores.
Table of Contents
- Market data
- Key Trends
- Space Expansion and Optimization
- Impact of Tourism
- Technology Trends
- Marketing and Promotional Strategies
- Favorable Federal Initiatives
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Unifree Duty Free
- Lotte Duty Free
- Jesselton Duty Free
- China Duty Free