Content delivery network (CDN) providers offer service-based technology and products that enable the delivery of content from their servers to the end-user on the public internet. CDN vendors largely have the proprietary infrastructure and use a combination of servers, network routing, and intelligent software to enable the delivery of content from their network. This research covers revenues specifically from the delivery of media (audio/video), small objects, and software downloads. It does not include revenue from CDN services such as dynamic content delivery, security services, or other solutions CDNs define as a value-add. The revenues for the global media CDN market is expected to increase from $3.22 billion in 2018 to $6.45 billion in 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.2% during 2018-2024.
There are indications that continued growth will slow slightly, as products saturate mature markets until new television technologies, such as 4K resolution and high dynamic range, coupled with good broadband access, become more widespread across the globe. Media CDN adoption depends heavily on underlying entertainment streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu, and device ecosystems such as Amazon Prime, Apple iTunes, Google Play Store, and Roku’s FandangoNOW. As entertainment consumers have the option to watch content on phones, tablets, desktops, and laptops and across different streaming services, media CDN adoption also depends on consumer viewing habits and broadband infrastructure.
This market study covers the following:
- Global market trend analyses, including market drivers and restraints
- Detailed revenue forecasts for the total media CDN market
- Competitive landscape, in terms of major participants and market share analysis
The base year of this media CDN study is 2018, with forecasts running up to 2024. The research highlights key trends impacting the global media CDN market and outlines future implications.
Geographic Segmentation: The global market has been segmented into North America and Latin America (NALA), Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), and Asia-Pacific (APAC).
Key Issues Addressed
- Will the market continue to grow at its present rate during the forecast period? What are the drivers and restraints for growth in this market?
- Where does media CDN technology stand today and going forward? What are the primary challenges faced by vendors addressing this market? How can vendors overcome these challenges? How do vendor ecosystems factor into this market?
- What does the competitive landscape look like? Will there be consolidation in the next 4-5 years? Is the market attractive for mergers and acquisitions?
- What are the revenue breakdowns by geographical regions: NALA, EMEA, and APAC? Which are the fastest-growing regions?
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- CEO’s Perspective
- Digital Media Ecosystem
- Market Definitions
- Research Scope
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Drivers and Restraints-Total Media CDN Market
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
Forecast and Trends-Total Media CDN Market
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Global Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Regional Market Lifecycle
- Regional Market Lifecycle Analysis
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Region
- Revenue Forecast by Region
- Revenue Forecast by Region Discussion
Market Share and Competitive Analysis-Total Media CDN Market
- Media CDN Competitive Landscape-Market Share
- CDN Competitive Environment
- CDN Competitive Landscape
- CDN Competitive Landscape-Factors and Assessment
- CDN Competitive Landscape-Market Leaders/Challengers
- CDN Competitive Landscape-Market Challengers
- CDN Competitive Landscape-Market Contenders
Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1-4K and OTT
- Growth Opportunity 2-Amazon/Hulu/Netflix
- Growth Opportunity 3-DIY CDNs
- Growth Opportunity 4-Multi-CDN Solutions
- Growth Opportunity 5-Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- NALA Key Findings
- NALA Revenue Forecast
- NALA Revenue Forecast Discussion
- EMEA Key Findings
- EMEA Revenue Forecast
- EMEA Revenue Forecast Discussion
- APAC Key Findings
- APAC Revenue Forecast
- APAC Revenue Forecast Discussion
The Last Word
- The Last Word-Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Market Engineering Measurements
- List of Market Participants
- List of Exhibits