This questionnaire-based survey on Taiwanese consumers in the fourth quarter of 2018 to ascertain their views on buying cosmetics online. Cosmetics surveyed include skincare, makeup, and face washing and cleansing products. This report provides an in-depth analysis of consumers’ product, brand, and channel preference rankings for skincare, makeup, and face washing and cleansing products, identify which age group and gender of consumers enjoy to purchase cosmetics online the most, and examines main reasons behind consumers’ decision to buy cosmetics online and what have prevented them from doing so.
List of Topics
- Consumers brand and channel preference rankings when buying cosmetics online
- Top 20 cosmetics rankings in the category of skincare, makeup, and face washing and cleansing products that consumers like to buy online
- The most frequently purchased skincare product categories in Taiwan and includes the top 10 brands in each product category.
- The most frequently purchased makeup product categories in Taiwan and includes top 10 brand rankings in each product category
- The most frequently purchased face washing and cleansing categories in Taiwan and include the top 20 brand rankings in each product category.
- Reasons consumers like or dislike to buy cosmetics online, touching on top 10 shopping incentive rankings.
1. Summary of Key Findings
2. Overall Cosmetics Shopping Analysis
- Cosmetic Shopping Behavior: Skin Care Products
- Cosmetic Shopping Behavior: Makeup Products
- Cosmetic Shopping Behavior: Face Washes and Cleansers
- Beauty Stage of Shin Kong Mitsukoshi
- Brand Websites
- Domohorn Wrinkle
- Dr. Jou Biotech
- Estee Lauder
- Its skin
- Kiss Me
- Kuan Yuan Lian
- La Roche-Posay
- Momo Shop
- My Beauty Diary
- My Scheming
- Shu Uemura
- Sogo iStore
- Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corp.
- Yahoo Shopping
Primary research with a holistic, cross-domain approach
The exhaustive primary research methods are central to the value that the analyst delivers. A combination of questionnaires and on-site visits to the major manufacturers provides a first view of the latest data and trends. Information is subsequently validated by interviews with the manufacturers' suppliers and customers, covering a holistic industry value chain. This process is backed up by a cross-domain team-based approach, creating an interlaced network across numerous interrelated components and system-level devices to ensure statistical integrity and provide in-depth insight.
Complementing primary research is a running database and secondary research of industry and market information. Dedicated research into the macro-environmental trends shaping the ICT industry also allows the analyst to forecast future development trends and generate foresight perspectives. With more than 20 years of experience and endeavors in research, the methods and methodologies include:
- Component supplier interviews
- System supplier interviews
- User interviews
- Channel interviews
- IPO interviews
- Focus groups
- Consumer surveys
- Production databases
- Financial data
- Custom databases
- Technology forecasting and assessment
- Product assessment and selection
- Product life cycles
- Added value analysis
- Market trends
- Scenario analysis
- Competitor analysis