In the face of the fast-changing IT environment nowadays, Taiwan's IT hardware industry still manages to play a big role in the world with a relatively high level of digitalization. Thus far, household internet connection rate in Taiwan has risen to 82.3% while mobile phone penetration rate has increased to 83.1% with 28.73 million mobile phone users. Since the IT hardware industry has reached maturity, the industry's production value is estimated to reach US$111.1 million in 2019, up merely 0.3% compared to 2018. The Taiwanese network communications industry's production value is estimated at US$20.97 million in 2019 and declines 1% year-on-year, with cable CPE accounting for the largest share of 93%, followed by DSL CPE and WLAN NIC. The Taiwanese smartphone industry’s production value is forecast to reach US$73.3 million in 2019 and its global share is estimated at 23.7%. The Taiwanese IT service and software industry has been enjoying positive year-on-year growth rates from 2015 to 2018 and is expected to reach NT$2.70 billion (US$88.4 million) in 2019, up 7.3% year-on-year.
List of Topics
- Present digitalization status of Taiwan, touching on both IT hardware and software production value and volume, and major players are included.
- Taiwan's IT hardware value forecast for the period 2019-2023 and includes global share forecast of Taiwan's five main IT hardware products (notebook PC, desktop PC, tablet, motherboard, and server).
- Global share of Taiwan’s five main network communication products: WLAN NIC, DSL CPE, cable CPE, small cell, and STB.
- Global shipment share forecast of Taiwan’s feature phones and smartphones for the period 2019-2023.
- Production value share of the IT hardware, network communications, and smartphone industries with a breakdown by shipment destination and by production location.
- Taiwan’s IT service and software industry value forecast for the period 2019-2020.
1. Taiwan ICT Industry Overview
- Taiwan IT Hardware Industry
- Taiwan Network Communications Industry
- Taiwan Mobile Device Industry
- Taiwan IT Service and Software Industry
- Brogent Technologies
- Chunghwa Telecom
- Egis Technology
- FarEasTone. Fortune. GeCloud. Jetwell Computer
- K Way Information
- Provision. Sanlien
- Stark Technology
- Taiwan Mobile
- TNP (Taiwan Name Plate)
- Zero One Tech
Primary research with a holistic, cross-domain approach
The exhaustive primary research methods are central to the value that the analyst delivers. A combination of questionnaires and on-site visits to the major manufacturers provides a first view of the latest data and trends. Information is subsequently validated by interviews with the manufacturers' suppliers and customers, covering a holistic industry value chain. This process is backed up by a cross-domain team-based approach, creating an interlaced network across numerous interrelated components and system-level devices to ensure statistical integrity and provide in-depth insight.
Complementing primary research is a running database and secondary research of industry and market information. Dedicated research into the macro-environmental trends shaping the ICT industry also allows the analyst to forecast future development trends and generate foresight perspectives. With more than 20 years of experience and endeavors in research, the methods and methodologies include:
- Component supplier interviews
- System supplier interviews
- User interviews
- Channel interviews
- IPO interviews
- Focus groups
- Consumer surveys
- Production databases
- Financial data
- Custom databases
- Technology forecasting and assessment
- Product assessment and selection
- Product life cycles
- Added value analysis
- Market trends
- Scenario analysis
- Competitor analysis