DOT Breath Alcohol Technician Training is an 8-hour online training course that includes virtual mock demonstrations, EBT device training, and a comprehensive online course. Students who complete the course will be able to properly conduct DOT workplace breath alcohol testing.
Important Note: This course requires the student to have an Evidential Breath Testing Device (EBT) Device for demonstrations and enough mouthpieces for completing more than 7 mocks (at least 10 spare mouthpieces). The technician will also need at least 10 Alcohol Testing Forms (ATFs) and tamper-evident tape if your EBT Device does not print tamper evident self-adhesive labels.
Breath Alcohol Technicians (BATs) play a pivotal role in the drug and alcohol-free workplace by sampling an employee’s breath to detect whether or not they are impaired. Unlike a urine specimen collection, a breath test conducted by a Breath Alcohol Technician provides complete on-site alcohol concentration results with both a screening and a confirmation test.
This DOT Breath Alcohol Technician training course complies with the three benchmarks of BAT training required by federal HHS regulations and DOT regulation 49 CFR Part 40.213(a-c), including Basic Information, Qualification Training, and seven Initial Proficiency Demonstrations. As an added bonus, this training will qualify an individual to perform non-DOT breath alcohol tests under most state laws.
Students learn at their own pace with our comprehensive online training program that uses videos, documents, resources, and PowerPoint presentations. Also included at no extra charge are virtual Mock Demonstrations (Mocks) conducted by webcam. A certificate of completion can be downloaded immediately after passing the online exam.
Obtain certification as a DOT Breath Alcohol Technician in as little as 8 hours and expand your career instantly. This course will help both new BATs and those needing a refresher, business owners, supervisors, nurses and medical assistants, laboratory technicians, safety officers, and more.
This course meets or exceeds the training requirements in all 50 states and for the following federal agencies:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA),
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA),
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA),
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA),
- United States Coast Guard (USCG), and
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).
- This course also qualified the breath alcohol technician to conduct Non-DOT breath alcohol tests.
Course Features & FAQ
DOT & Non-DOT Compliant
- This course meets or exceeds the training requirements in all 50-states, the following federal agencies: FMCSA, FAA, FTA, FRA, USCG, PHMSA, and other counties that use the DOT guidelines. In addition, this course will also qualify you do conduct NON-DOT Breath Testing.
Created by Attorneys
- This course and its supplemental resources were created by the organizer's co-founder, attorney, and drug and alcohol testing authority and subject matter expert, Andrew David Easler, Esq.
Live Customer Support
- Students, managers and supervisors can contact and chat with the US-based trainer to answer questions for the duration of the course
Learn Anytime & Anywhere
- The courses only expire when you're finished with the course, this means that employees don’t feel rushed into “cramming” for a course only to forget the material a week later and therefore perform better in practice and make fewer mistakes than in traditional training environments.
Credits Never Expire
- Unused course credits never expire, so feel free to order bulk credits to receive maximum discounts.
Instant Course Access
- Employees receive instant course access right after registration or invitation sent by a training manager, or supervisor.
8 Hours of Learning
- DOT Breath Alcohol Technician Training may take longer or shorter to complete depending on student pace, reading, and comprehension level.
- Same-day certificate issuance after completing a course, downloadable in PDF format & printable.
Instant Manager Accounts
- When an employer purchases two or more credits we will automatically create a manager account which can then be used to invite employees, and keep all training certificates in one place that will help you stay compliant and well prepared for an audit conducted by the DOT.
- Volume discounts for credits are automatically applied during the checkout process. Did you know that course credits never expire so feel free to purchase credits in bulk.
Approved for CE Credits
- The organizer is an Approved Education Provider with many human resources certification organizations, licensing bodies and regulatory agencies throughout the world and we offer continuing education credits (CE Credits) with the majority of our courses.
- Employers can purchase training and reference books which will assist students and supervisors in understanding the regulations involved for each applicable DOT sub agency including the FMCSA, FAA, FRA, FTA, PHMSA and USCG.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE?
- Comprehensive online training program consisting of videos, documents, resources, and PowerPoints
- Online exams
- EBT device training
- Virtual Mock Demonstrations (Mocks) conducted via webcam through a teleconferencing tool such as Skype or Google Hangouts
- All forms necessary to complete mocks
- Same-day certificate issuance (printable online)
Mr Andrew D. Easler, Esq,
Managing Attorney ,
Andrew is a forward-thinking attorney with a passion for resolving complex legal matters and developing lasting strategies for clients. He loves a challenge and is known for being proactive, attentive, and responsive.
He became a lawyer because he could never find an attorney who genuinely cared about him or his businesses. As an entrepreneur who has started, developed, managed, sold and participated in just about every aspect of operating a business, he understands what an exceptional attorney should be.
He can help with fulfilling a wide range of needs from real estate and closings to complex business transactions, securities and compliance, intellectual property, estate planning, and trust formation.
Who Should Attend
This Course package is perfect for:
- New BATs
- BATs needing refresher training
- Business owners
- Medical Assistants
- Laboratory Technicians
- Occupational Medicine Physicians and Professionals, and Safety Officers