Hair Specimen Collector Training is a 2-hour online training course that includes virtual mock demonstrations and a comprehensive review of best practices. Students who complete the course will be prepared to follow all protocols for conducting hair specimen collections.
The Hair Specimen Collector Training course is a comprehensive training program that covers the instructional practices necessary for training hair specimen collectors for long-term drug testing. Participants are taught the subtle yet critical differences between the various protocols required by major hair testing laboratories across the country.
Hair specimen testing allows laboratories to determine long-term abuse with a standard hair test screening for abuse over the prior 3 months. While each laboratory has its own procedures and regulations for collections, this course will certify successful students with the four major laboratories in the U.S. that process hair samples.
Students learn at their own pace with our comprehensive online training program that uses videos, documents, resources, and PowerPoint presentations. All training material, including supplies and forms needed for demonstrations, are sent directly to the student. Also included at no extra charge are virtual Mock Demonstrations (Mocks) conducted by webcam. A certificate of completion can be downloaded immediately after passing the online exam.
A Hair Specimen Collector plays an important role in keeping workplaces and communities safe. Register for the course today: learn everything needed to be a proficient collector and expand your career instantly.
This course meets or exceeds the training requirements in all 50 states and for the following federal agencies:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA),
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA),
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA),
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA),
- United States Coast Guard (USCG), and
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).
Course Features & FAQ
- This course meets or exceeds the training requirements in all 50-states. However, in some instances, additional licensing or permitting acquired through state agencies may be required prior to conducting Non-DOT tests.
Created by Attorneys
- This course and its supplemental resources were created by the organizer's co-founder, attorney, and drug and alcohol testing authority and subject matter expert, Andrew David Easler, Esq.
Live Customer Support
- Students, managers and supervisors can contact and chat with the US-based trainer to answer questions for the duration of the course
Learn Anytime & Anywhere
- The courses only expire when you're finished with the course, this means that employees don’t feel rushed into “cramming” for a course only to forget the material a week later and therefore perform better in practice and make fewer mistakes than in traditional training environments.
Credits Never Expire
- Unused course credits never expire, so feel free to order bulk credits to receive maximum discounts.
Instant Course Access
- Employees receive instant course access right after registration or invitation sent by a training manager, or supervisor.
3 Hours of Learning
- Hair Specimen Collector Training may take longer or shorter to complete depending on student pace, reading, and comprehension level.
- Same-day certificate issuance after completing a course, downloadable in PDF format & printable.
Instant Manager Accounts
- When an employer purchases two or more credits we will automatically create a manager account which can then be used to invite employees, and keep all training certificates in one place that will help you stay compliant and well prepared for an audit conducted by the DOT.
- Volume discounts for credits are automatically applied during the checkout process. Did you know that course credits never expire so feel free to purchase credits in bulk.
Approved for CE Credits
- The organizer is an Approved Education Provider with many human resources certification organizations, licensing bodies and regulatory agencies throughout the world and we offer continuing education credits (CE Credits) with the majority of our courses.
- Employers can purchase training and reference books which will assist students and supervisors in understanding the regulations involved for each applicable DOT sub agency including the FMCSA, FAA, FRA, FTA, PHMSA and USCG.
What in this Course?
- Comprehensive online training program consisting of videos, documents, resources, and PowerPoints
- Online exam
- Virtual Mock Demonstrations (Mocks) conducted via webcam through a teleconferencing tool such as Skype or Google Hangouts
- All materials necessary to complete mocks
- Same-day certificate issuance (printable online)
Mr Andrew D. Easler, Esq,
Managing Attorney ,
Andrew is a forward-thinking attorney with a passion for resolving complex legal matters and developing lasting strategies for clients. He loves a challenge and is known for being proactive, attentive, and responsive.
He became a lawyer because he could never find an attorney who genuinely cared about him or his businesses. As an entrepreneur who has started, developed, managed, sold and participated in just about every aspect of operating a business, he understands what an exceptional attorney should be.
He can help with fulfilling a wide range of needs from real estate and closings to complex business transactions, securities and compliance, intellectual property, estate planning, and trust formation.
Who Should Attend
This Course is perfect for
- New collectors
- Collectors needing refresher training
- Business owners
- Medical Assistants
- Laboratory Technicians
- Occupational Medicine Physicians and Professionals