The scope of the report includes a general outlook of specialty chemicals sector. The report segments the market into two major sub-segments, namely specialty chemical technology and application markets. Technologies covered are a surfactant, defoamers, corrosion inhibitors, and flame retardants. Applications include all major applications where a significant portion of specialty chemicals are consumed. Applications covered are waterproofing chemicals, water treatment chemicals, oilfield process chemicals, cosmetics and toiletries additives, and plastic additives.
The report explains the prevalent and upcoming trends covering the qualitative aspects of the market in brief details. Detailed overview of these technologies and applications coupled with relevant market data in terms of market size measured in dollar terms are provided.
- 17 data tables and 17 additional tables
- A brief general outlook of the global specialty chemicals market
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Information pertaining to demand for specialty chemicals used in major application areas, including waterproofing chemicals, water treatment chemicals, oilfield process chemicals, cosmetics, and toiletries additives, plastic additives, etc.
- Discussion on the role of government regulations, recent advancements, and technological innovations, and economic factors that will shape the future marketplace
- Company profiles of leading market participants within the industry, including Arkema SA, AkzoNobel N.V., Baker Hughes Inc., BASF Corp., Evonik Industries AG, and Sanyo Chemical Industries Ltd.
Table of Contents
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing the Study
- Scope of Report
- Intended Audience
- Methodology and Information Sources
- Analyst's Credentials
- Waterproofing Chemicals Market and Technologies
- Methods of Waterproofing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Waterproofing Chemicals
- Types of Waterproofing Chemicals
- Specialty Water Treatment Chemicals
- Life Cycle Assessment of Specialty Chemicals
- Recent Developments
- Types of Water Treatment
- Water Treatment Chemicals
- Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Water Treatment
- Oilfield Process Chemicals
- Chemical Types of Oilfield Process Chemicals
- Chemicals for Cosmetics & Toiletries-Focus on Specialty Additives
- Specialty Additives
- Plastic Additives
- Development of Plastic Additives
- Global Market for Plastic Additives
- Surfactant Chemicals and Materials
- Properties of Surfactant Chemicals
- Surfactant Chemicals, by Type
- Application of Surfactant
- Properties of Defoamers
- History of Defoamers
- Market Size and Estimates
- Application of Defoamers
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Effect of Corrosion in Major Sectors
- Corrosion Inhibitors Product Type
- Flame Retardants
- Importance of the Industry
- Generally Accepted Mechanisms of Flame Retardant Control
- Flame Retardant Chemicals
- Market Size and Estimates
- Chemical Type of Flame Retardant Chemicals
- AKZONOBEL N.V.
- ACCUREL SYSTEMS
- ADEKA CORP.
- AJINOMOTO CO., INC.
- ALBEMARLE CORP.
- ARKEMA SA
- AQUATECH INTERNATIONAL LLC
- BAKER HUGHES, INC.
- BASF CORP.
- CHEMTURA CORP.
- CLARIANT AG
- DORF KETAL CHEMICALS LLC
- EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO.
- E. I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS AND CO.
- ELEMENTIS PLC
- EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG
- GEO SPECIALTY CHEMICALS, INC.
- HALLIBURTON CO.
- INNOSPEC, INC.
- ISRAEL CHEMICALS LTD.
- JEEN INTERNATIONAL CORP.
- LUBRIZOL CORP.
- MAPEI SPA
- RHEIN CHEMIE CORP.
- SANYO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES
- SIKA AG
- UBE INDUSTRIES LTD.
- VANTAGE SPECIALTY CHEMICALS, INC.
- WEIFANG SANTI CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- ZEON CHEMICALS LP
Table 1: Global Market for Waterproofing Chemicals, by System, Through 2023
Table 2: Advantages and Disadvantages of Waterproofing Chemicals
Table 3: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Water Treatment Application, by Type, Through 2023
Table 4: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Water Treatment Application, by Type, Through 2023
Table 5: Global Market for Chemicals in Oilfield Application, by Region, Through 2023
Table 6: Global Market for Oilfield Process Applications of Specialty Chemicals, by Product Type, Through 2023
Table 7: Specialty Chemicals and Their Applications
Table 8: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Oilfield Process Chemicals, by Region, Through 2023
Table 9: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Cosmetics and Toiletry Products, by Functional Ingredients, Through 2023
Table 10: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Plastics Additives Application, by Type, Through 2023
Table 11: Global Market for Plastics Additives of Specialty Chemicals, by Type of Plastic, Through 2023
Table 12: Global Market for Surfactant Chemicals, by Application, Through 2023
Table 13: Global Market for Surfactant Chemicals, by Type, Through 2023
Table 14: Limitations Imposed for Defoaming Agents by CFR Sec. 173.340 Regulations
Table 15: Limitations Imposed on Defoaming Agent Constituents Used in Beet Sugar and Yeast
Table 16: Maximum Acceptable Levels of Defoaming Agents in Food Processing Applications in Australia and New Zealand
Table 17: Regulations for Pulp and Paper Mills and Wood Chips in Canada
Table 18: EU Commission Regulations on Permitted Values for Defoaming Reagents
Table 19: Global Market for Defoamers, by Product, Through 2023
Table 20: Growth in Building Floor Area, by Region/Country, 2015 and 2050
Table 21: Vehicle Production, by Major Countries, 2016 and 2017
Table 22: Global Market for Corrosion Inhibitors, by Product Type, Through 2023
Table 23: Major End-Users of Corrosion Inhibitors
Table 24: Product Description of Water-based Corrosion Inhibitors
Table 25: Corrosion Inhibiting Additives
Table 26: Cortec Oil-based Corrosion Inhibitors
Table 27: Mater Chemical Solvent-based Corrosion Inhibitors
Table 28: Additives/Modifiers for Controlling Burning
Table 29: Flame Retardants and Generally Accepted Mechanisms of Control
Table 30: Chemicals Commonly Used as Flame Retardants
Table 31: Significant Flame Retardants Chemicals
Table 32: Global Market for Flame Retardant Chemicals, by Chemical Type, Through 2023
Table 33: Abbreviations Used in Specialty Chemicals Market
Figure 1: Global Market for Waterproofing Chemicals, by System, 2017-2023
Figure 2: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Water Treatment Application, by Type, 2017-2023
Figure 3: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Water Treatment Application, by Type, 2017-2023
Figure 4: Global Market for Chemicals in Oilfield Application, by Region, 2017-2023
Figure 5: Global Market Shares of Oilfield Process Applications of Specialty Chemicals, by Product Type, 2017-2023
Figure 6: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Oilfield Process Chemicals, by Region, 2017-2023
Figure 7: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Cosmetics and Toiletry Products, by Functional Ingredients, 2017-2023
Figure 8: Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Plastics Additives Application, by Type, 2017-2023
Figure 9: Global Market for Plastics Additives of Specialty Chemicals, by Type of Plastic, 2017-2023
Figure 10: Global Market for Surfactant Chemicals, by Application, 2017-2023
Figure 11: Global Market for Surfactant Chemicals, by Type, 2017-2023
Figure 12: Global Market for Defoamers, by Product, 2017-2023
Figure 13: Global Market for Corrosion Inhibitors, by Product Type, 2017-2023
Figure 14: Global Market for Flame Retardant Chemicals, by Chemical Type, 2017-2023
In the current market scenario, chemical companies are focusing on sustainability, innovation, and competitiveness. Top specialty chemical companies are engaged in sustainability and green chemistry, such as reduced carbon footprint and improved raw material supply. The market for specialty chemicals has been on the increase in various applications and this has boosted the total market in various regions.
The major factors driving the growth of the market are growing demand from the end-user industries such as textiles, food, and automobiles. Other factors are technological advancements and increasing demand of various specialty chemicals in emerging economies.
The specialty chemicals markets in Western Europe, North America, and Japan are relatively mature. Growths in emerging markets such as China and India are high. The emerging economies offer more active prospects for the specialty chemicals industry due to rising consumer-driven economies and industrialization.
The global specialty chemicals market has grown significantly in the past few years. The market is expected to continue growing during the next five years due to the growing demand from various applications such as oilfield chemicals, cosmetic chemicals, and water treatment chemicals. Also, the market has experienced increasing demand particularly from regions such as Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa. Growing demand for specialty chemicals in India and China also is driving market growth. Waterproofing chemicals currently belong to a niche specialty segment of the chemical industry.
Growth is expected to be strongest in the developing world, with countries such as China and India undergoing growth that will more than double the global average.
- Accurel Systems
- Adeka Corp.
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Akzonobel N.V.
- Albemarle Corp.
- Aquatech International Llc
- Arkema SA
- Baker Hughes, Inc.
- Basf Corp.
- Chemtura Corp.
- Clariant AG
- Dorf Ketal Chemicals Llc
- E. I. Du Pont De Nemours And Co.
- Eastman Chemical Co.
- Elementis Plc
- Evonik Industries AG
- Geo Specialty Chemicals, Inc.
- Halliburton Co.
- Innospec, Inc.
- Israel Chemicals Ltd.
- Jeen International Corp.
- Lubrizol Corp.
- Mapei Spa
- Rhein Chemie Corp.
- Sanyo Chemical Industries
- Sika AG
- Ube Industries Ltd.
- Vantage Specialty Chemicals, Inc.
- Weifang Santi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Zeon Chemicals Lp