The Middle-East and Africa coil coatings market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 4.5%, over the forecast period. Coil coatings find their application in the manufacturing of typical components, such as sheet and panels for containers, caravan and interior, insulated boxes, trailer bodies, roads, and railway coaches.
- Booming commercial construction activities in Middle East is augmenting the growth of the market.
- Increasing replacement of metals by plastics in the automotive industry is likely to hinder the market growth.
- Saudi Arabia dominated the market and is expected to be the fastest growing market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Building & Construction Industry
- The increasing demand of coil coatings is primarily due to its extensive use as coated material in end-user industries, such as construction, rapid industry development, urbanization, and increase in per capita income, along with rise in consumer spending.
- Wood panels, roofs, metal sheets are some of the products, which are using in coating material for the construction industry. These products are also providing artistic appeal to commercial and residential buildings. Additionally, rising non-residential construction activities, including commercial building, manufacturing industries, and factories, have activated the demand for coil coatings to sustain in harsh weather conditions.
- Coil coating is basically a multi-layer coating of pigments, resins, and primers that are used to coat metal sheets, such as aluminum and steel. They are used to protect the material against harsh environmental conditions and also for providing corrosion resistance.
- The Middle East & Africa construction sector is expected to hold greater opportunities for digitization and revitalization of building assets, as well as adaptive modular design as a construction tool.
- Saudi Arabia appears to be the most active country in the Middle East construction market. Saudi Arabian capital projects are estimated to worth around USD 2.1 trillion, followed by the United Arab Emirates with capital projects of USD 713 billion. Egypt and Kuwait have projects of worth USD 578 billion and USD 215 billion, respectively.
- Egypt is also one of the markets in the Middle East & African region that is characterized by stability and steady progress, owing to the accelerating demand and extension growth of the utilities and residential sectors.
- Due to such factors, growth of coil coatings is expected to increase in the Middle East & African (MEA) region.
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
- The market openness and investment opportunities were limited in Saudi Arabia, when compared with other emerging economies. However, the government, in its 10th development plan, is reforming its economic strategies, with investments in diversified sectors, and trying to attract private investments into the country, in order to make it a diversified economy that is not dependent on oil.
- The country has generated large-scale projects worth USD 800 billion, to boost its infrastructure in the coming years. The government has expansive plans for the development of social infrastructure, transportation, and energy and utility construction in the country. The country’s primary growth in construction has been largely powered by the massive investments done by the government, and an increased inflow of FDI.
- The other major end-user industry is automotive. Saudi is focusing on establishing itself as the new automotive hub in the Middle East. Although the country is a large importer of vehicles and auto parts, it is now trying to attract original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to open their production plants in the country, to develop the domestic auto industry.
- Moreover, the country is experiencing a steady growth in new car sales in the market, which is expected to reach one million units by 2020, growing at a rate of 6.7% per annum. According to the General Authority for Statistics, the automotive industry is expected to witness a growth rate of around 4-5% annually, over the next decade.
- The growing end-use sectors are anticipated to provide huge opportunities for the growth of the coil coatings market, in the coming years.
The Middle-East and Africa coil coatings market is expected to be partially consolidated, with the top five-six players accounting for a significant chunk of the market. Key players in the market include AkzoNobel N.V., Alcoa Corporation, Tata Steel, and PPG Industries, Inc., among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Booming Commercial Construction Activities in Middle East
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Replacement of Metals by Plastics in the Automotive Industry
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.2 Polyvinylidene Fluorides (PVDF)
5.1.5 Other Resin Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Building and Construction
5.2.2 Industrial and Domestic Appliances
5.2.4 Home and Office Furniture
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 Saudi Arabia
5.3.2 United Arab Emirates
5.3.6 South Africa
5.3.7 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Coil Coaters
188.8.131.52 Alcoa Corporation
184.108.40.206 Norsk Hydro ASA
220.127.116.11 Tata Steel
6.4.2 Paint Suppliers
18.104.22.168 AkzoNobel N.V.
22.214.171.124 Axalta Coatings Systems
126.96.36.199 Beckers Group
188.8.131.52 Kansai Paint Co., Ltd.
184.108.40.206 PPG Industries Inc.
220.127.116.11 NIPPONPAINT Co., Ltd.
6.4.3 Pretreatment, Resins, Pigments, and Equipment
18.104.22.168 Arkema Group
22.214.171.124 Bayer AG
126.96.36.199 BASF SE
188.8.131.52 Evonik Industries AG
184.108.40.206 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Alcoa Corporation
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- Tata Steel
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Axalta Coatings Systems
- Beckers Group
- Kansai Paint Co., Ltd.
- PPG Industries Inc.
- NIPPONPAINT Co., Ltd.
- Arkema Group
- Bayer AG
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA