The automotive parts zinc die casting market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 2.5%, during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The usage of zinc die casting is almost 28% in the automotive industry, for applications, like inertia disks, retractor gears, etc., followed by the building and hardware sectors. Along with merits, like resistance, versatility, toughness, and low cost, zinc die casting produces low-level emissions in air and water.
- In order to reduce automobile emissions and increase fuel efficiency, CAFÉ standards and EPA policies are driving the automakers to reduce the weight of the automobile, by employing lightweight non-ferrous metals. Employing die-cast parts as a weight reduction strategy is a major driver for the automotive segment of the market. Although heavier than aluminum, the lower cost of these parts and higher intricacy allowance make them more suitable in certain applications.
- As compared to other die casting parts, zinc die casting parts are usually equipped with better mechanical properties, like toughness, and offer higher surface finish and lower thermal shock during casting (as a result of their lower operating temperature).
- The market witnesses opportunities in the form of the increasing electric vehicle sales, which require higher density of lightweight components. Major companies, like Dynacast, are focusing on identifying affordable raw materials and alloys that offer better durability.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand for Vacuum Die Casting and Enactment of Stringent Emission Regulations
Globally, countries have formulated stringent emission norms to cater to the cause of reducing global warming. Efforts are being made by governments worldwide, to minimize the negative effects of global warming and reduce the carbon footprint.
The European Union introduced the Euro VI norms in 2014, according to which, nitrogen oxide emissions must be below 0.4g/KWh and particulate emissions must be below 0.01g/KWh. Japan is in the process of introducing new emission norms that are based on the Euro VI norms.
A number of countries are implementing emission standards, OEMs worldwide are expected to explore new technologies that help in reducing emission in automobiles. The freight companies and fleet owners are extensively moving toward technologies, which are expected to reduce the average emission rate.
Earlier, pressure die casting was the majorly employed production process. However, the vacuum die casting process has been gaining popularity over the past couple of years, due to its better welding characteristics, higher mechanical strength, and lower gas porosity.
Asia-Pacific - Leading the Market Growth
The automotive parts zinc die casting market is dominated by Asia-Pacific, followed by Europe and North America. With the growth in vehicle light-weight and broader energy-saving trends, as well as the expanding industrial and manufacture sectors, the automotive parts zinc die casting market has grown substantially in the Asia-Pacific region. India is consolidating its position, with strong domestic and external demand for high-quality zinc die-cast components at lower prices. The aforementioned factors are driving the market for automotive parts zinc die casting in the Asia-Pacific region
The European automotive industry is technically the most advanced and innovative industry, globally. Due to the economic crisis and political pressures, the reduction of fuel consumption and CO2 emission has become a major agenda for automobile manufacturers in the region. This has been achieved through a reduction in the weight of the automobile, as well as better design and constructions, which seems to be the most favorable solution at present. Non-ferrous castings in Europe registered an average performance of 20 metric ton per employee, with a range of up to 58 metric ton. Moreover, over 80% of the castings produced in Europe are delivered within the European region.
The automotive parts zinc die casting market is majorly dominated by few players Dynacast, Brillcast Manufacturing LLC, Pace Industries, Sandhar Technologies Ltd, Ashok Minda Group, and Kemlows Die Casting Products Ltd, among others.
The companies are focusing on providing the best quality products to the customers, by investing in R&D projects and conducting certification programs. For instance,
- Sandhar Technologies Ltd objective is to be the leader in its chosen products and processes, be the trusted partner in the growth of the stakeholders, offer competitive prices to the customers through technical innovations and process standardization, have a strong R&D base to ensure high quality, provide services that enhance customer satisfaction, create benchmarks for all sets of industries, and be a socially accountable organization.
- Brillcast Manufacturing LLC, in conjunction with local universities, implemented a comprehensive certification program for zinc die-cast manufacturer operators. The company strives to provide an environment where the employees are encouraged to be more effective at work, home, and in their communities.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Pressure die casting
5.1.2 Vacuum die casting
5.1.3 Other Production Process Types
5.2 Application Type
5.2.1 Body Assemblies
5.2.2 Engine Parts
5.2.3 Transmission Parts
5.2.4 Other Application Types
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
126.96.36.199 South America
188.8.131.52 Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Sandhar Technologies Ltd
6.2.2 Brillcast Manufacturing LLC
6.2.3 Empire Casting Co.
6.2.5 Pace Industries
6.2.6 Cascade Die Casting Group Inc.
6.2.7 Ashok Minda Group
6.2.8 Ridco Zinc Die Casting Company
6.2.9 Northwest Die Casting LLC
6.2.10 Carteret Die Casting Corp.
6.2.11 Ningbo Die Casting Company
6.2.12 Kemlows Diecasting Products Ltd