Italy hair care market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 3.01% in the forecast period.
- The global hair care market has witnessed several changes over the past decade, with the emergence of various hair styling, hair regrowth, and hair colorant products.
- There is a growing demand for hair styling, hair growth, and premium hair care products. Damage care products are proving particularly popular among younger consumers in the age group of 20-30 years, while older consumers are more focused on scalp care, coloring, and hair growth products.
- These factors have been buoyed by the increasing availability of products in supermarkets and hypermarkets, in addition to the growing adoption of e-commerce as a convenient means to purchase various products.
- Owing to the advancements in ingredients and technologies, hair care products that treat hair loss are poised to witness the emergence of improved formulations in the near future.
Key Market Trends
Increased Penetration of Products with Environment-Friendly Claims
The evolving retail hair care industry is marked by the emergence of many stores in the hypermarket, supermarket, and specialty formats, in which display products in retail shelves, that enabvle customers to make an informed buying decision by comparing prices and label claims according to their preferences. The penetration of organized retail will enable consumers to seek information about various brands, compare prices, and quality, which results in a better purchase decision. According to a report published by Cosmetica Italia in 2017, 88 percent of new natural cosmetics products launched on the Italian market in 2017 claimed to be natural, 53% claimed to be tested products, and 42% claimed to be ethic and environment-friendly.
Increased Usage of Imported Shampoos in Italy
Consumers in the Italy hair care market are becoming increasingly conscious about their hair and scalp health. When it comes to shampoo usage, the market has witnessed an increasing amount of imports in shampoos and other hair care products. According to The Italian National Institute of Statistics, import quantity of shampoos to the Italian cosmetic industry from the foreign market increased sharply between 2013 and 2016, and as of the year 2016, the amount of imported shampoo was 49,633 tons, up from the previous year. However, companies in the Italy are also differentiating their products in terms of offerings, size, material, packaging, and design, in order to gain a larger market share.
Italy hair care market comprises of established players, such as L'Oreal, Procter & Gamble, and Unilever, which account for a significant share of the market studied. The rest of the market is accounted for by significant regional players. These players sell their products on a global scale and are known to invest significantly in product innovations, R&D, and brand building. Brand identity plays a vital role in determining end-user behavior as they consider strong brands to be synonymous with high quality. Companies are using digital and social media advertisements to make consumers aware of the new product launches in the market. Additionally, the market incumbents face intense competition from regional and local companies with niche labels.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
1.4 Research Phases
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.3 Hair Styling Products
5.1.4 Hair Oil
5.1.5 Hair Colorant
5.1.6 Other Product Types
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Specialty Store
5.2.3 Convenience Store
5.2.4 Online Stores
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Oriflame Cosmetics AG
6.4.3 Loreal SA
6.4.4 Procter & Gamble
6.4.5 Shiseido Company, Limited
6.4.7 Coty INC.