Fluid Inclusion Effect in the Flotation of Sulfide Minerals gives a detailed introduction to how fluid inclusions affect the flotation of sulfide minerals. The book introduces the various fluids found in geology, detailing the properties of fluid inclusions and how to identify and analyze their composition. It gives the common chemical compositions of fluid inclusions, investigates the release of fluid inclusions in sulfide materials and some gangues, and presents the concentrations and solution chemistry of the released ions. Finally, the book considers the absorption mechanism and the interaction of some typical metal ions from fluid inclusions on the surface of sulfide minerals.
- Analyzes the properties of a surface when in contact with a fluid inclusion and how the fluid released affects mineral processing and extraction
- Determines the heavy metals released from fluid inclusions
- Offers a comprehensive picture on how fluid inclusions affect flotation from both macro and microscopic viewpoints
- Presents the absorption mechanism and interactions of some typical metal ions from fluid inclusions on the surface of sulfide minerals
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Classification of Fluid Inclusions
3. Methods for the Detection and Composition study of Fluid Inclusions
4. Internal Composition of Mineral Fluid Inclusions
5. Component Release of Fluid Inclusions in Sulfide Mineral
6. Solubility of Sulfide Mineral and Chemical Behaviors of Solution after Component Release of Inclusions
7. Interaction among components of Fluid Inclusions in Sulfide Mineral, Mineral Surfaces and Collectors
Shuming Wen is a Professor in the Department of Mineral Process Engineering at Kunming University of Science and Technology (KUST) in China. He received his PhD from KUST in 1989. His research focuses on the surface chemistry of flotation, fluid mechanics, and the comprehensive utilization of refractory metallic mineral resources. He has received numerous professional awards, and is widely published in the field.
Jian Liu is currently an Associate Professor of Mineral Processing at Kunming University of Science and Technology (KUST), China. He got his BS degree and PhD from KUST in 2009 and 2013, respectively. He worked as a one-year academic visitor at the University of Queensland, Australia from April 2018 to April 2019. His research interests are related with mineral processing, especially in the flotation theory and technology of nonferrous and iron ores, such as the surface-interfacial chemistry, computer simulation using DFT, development of flotation reagents and etc. He has authored/co-authored more than 30 papers in international refereed journals. In 2017, he was award 1st class Natural Science Award of Yunnan province. In recognition of his outstanding research achievements, he was honored as youth talent support program of Yunnan province in 2018.
Dr. Jiushuai Deng is currently a Professor in the School of Chemical & Environmental Engineering, at the China University of Mining & Technology (Beijing). He obtained his Ph.D. degree from the Kunming University of Science and Technology. He completed a period of Postdoctoral Fellow Research work in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto, Canada, and he was a Visiting Scientist in the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Australia. He is a distinguished young scholar in the development of innovative, cost-effective technologies for the metallic mineral processing, and has a proven track record of new technology developments. His publication record includes 60 papers published in prestigious refereed journals. He is a co-inventor on 26 patents and a co-applicant on another 12 patent applications. In recognition of his outstanding research achievements he awarded a Fok Ying Tung Education Foundation Award, a Reserve Talent of Young-Middle-aged Academic, Technical Leader of Yunan province and Qinglan Scholar of KUST, etc.