Since 1931, this title has been recognizing leading Canadian companies and their execs. Today, this title is one of the most comprehensive resources for hard-to-find Canadian business information, allowing readers to access roughly 16,300 executive contacts from Canada’s top 1,400 corporations. This prestigious title offers a definitive list of directorships and offices held by noteworthy Canadian business people. It also provides details on leading Canadian companies—publicly traded and privately-owned, including company name, contact information and the names of their executive officers and directors.
The updated 2019 edition of the Directory of Directors is jam-packed with information, including:
- ALL-NEW front matter: An infographic drawn from data in the book, an article on corporate board handling of Mergers & Acquisitions, an article on making boards more inclusive and representative of Canada’s diverse population, and rankings from the FP500.
- Personal listings: Over 2,410 contacts have been added to this new edition. First name, last name, gender, birth date, degrees, schools attended, executive position and directorships, previous positions held, main business address and more.
- Company listings: Over 100 companies have been added. Boards of directors and executive officers, head office address, phone and fax numbers, toll-free number, web and email addresses.
- An industrial classification index: List of key Canadian companies, sorted by industry type according to the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®).
Powerful indexes enabling researchers to target just the information they need include:
A geographic location index grouping all companies in the Company Listings section according to the city and province/state of the head office; and
An alphabetical list of abbreviations providing definitions of common abbreviations used for terms, titles, organizations, honours/fellowships and degrees throughout the Directory.
1. INTRODUCTORY MATERIAL
- Anatomy of a Top Canadian Director
- Canadian Board Diversity Council 2017
- Annual Report Card
- The inclusion imperative: In 2018, building a better board
- means building a board that looks like Canada
- Inbound M&A: What directors need to know
- FP500 Companies in the Directory
2. LISTINGS & INDEXES
- Personal Listings
- Company Listings
- Industrial Classification Index
- Geographic Location Index