1 of 2
- PROSTIR (Ukrainian Payments Area), formerly NSMEP.
- Ukrainian Interbank Payment Systems Member Association “EMA”
Domestic Card Brand
- PROSTIR cards (replacing NSMEP cards).
- UkrKart, cards, some are co-badged Maestro.
- PROSTIR, the new domestic contactless card scheme, has won increased support from the Ukrainian payments industry.
- The first Mastercard and VISA programmes were launched in 1997.
- From 2014, consolidation of the banking sector following the economic and political crisis (2017: 82 banks, down by 14 from 96 in 2016).
- PrivatBank is the biggest card issuer, followed by Oschadbank.
- Foreign banks with a significant presence, in addition to Raiffeisen, include UniCredit, BNP Paribas, OTP and, from Russia, Sberbank, VTB and Alfa Bank.
Notable Market Trends
- The rollout of contactless cards and POS terminals, PROSTIR cards, MasterPass, Apple Pay, Google Pay, BankID system.
Statistical Key Figures for 2017 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2013-2017; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by the individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by the individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
2 of 2