The IX edition of The Lighting Fixtures market in Russia offers an in-deep analysis of the lighting fixtures industry in Russia, providing data and trends for the period 2013-2018 and forecasts up to 2022. On one hand, the report analyses the main trends affecting the market over the last five years, considering the production, the consumption, the imports and the exports of lighting fixtures in the country, both in euro and local currency. On the other hand, it offers an analysis of the market structure and the competitive system, an overview of the distribution system and the main players operating in the market.
Lighting fixtures exports and imports are considered, broken down by country and by geographical area of destination/origin. The time frame considered is 2012-2017 (last official figures available).
The lighting fixtures market is divided in four main segments
Within them, the market is further broken down by types of product and application, by light sources (incandescence, fluorescence, gas discharge, LEDs, OLED, fiber optics). Some industry indicators are also provided (number of companies, employment data, financial indicators).
Data on consumer/residential lighting are broken down by style (traditional, modern, design) and by product type (floor, table, wall and ceiling lamps, embedded lighting, suspensions and professional luminaire intended to residential applications), while data on commercial lighting are broken down by type of product (downlights, recessed, batten/modular systems, floor and table lighting for commercial spaces, wall washers, LED panels, linear lighting, flexible strips lighting, chandeliers, professional suspensions for commercial spaces, track/spotlights) and application (hospitality, office, retail, art and museums, entertainment, schools, airports and other big infrastructures). Industrial lighting consists of lighting for industrial sites, healthcare lighting, weather-resistant, explosion-proof lighting, emergency lighting, marine lighting, and horticultural. Outdoor lighting includes residential outdoor lighting, lighting for urban landscape, lighting for streets and major roads, area/campus lighting, lighting for tunnels and galleries, Christmas and special events lighting.
The analysis of the distribution system is organized by the following channels:
- Lighting Specialists
- Lifestyle stores (Furniture stores/chains and Department Stores)
- DIY stores
A selection of leading e-commerce players, architectural offices and lighting designers operating in China is also included.
Sales by Federal District (Central, Siberian, Southern, Ural, Volga, North West, Far East). Reference prices
Magazines, Associations and Trade Fairs
Finally, the report offers an analysis of the leading local and foreign players present on the Chinese market and in each segment considered; through sales data, market shares and short profiles
- Appendix I: Economic indicators, lighting fixtures basic data and trade in other CIS Countries
- Country tables: Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine
- Appendix II: List of companies interviewed and/or mentioned
Addresses of about 200 lighting fixtures companies (manufacturers and traders) mentioned in the report are also available.
In 2018, the Russian market for lighting fixtures is projected to reach RUB 107 billion (EUR 1.5 billion), registering an increase of 6.2% (-4.8% if measured in EUR due to a strong depreciation of the rouble) compared to 2017. During the year the top 50 players in CSIL sample, which account for almost 50% of the market, performed slightly better than the total market (-3.8% compared to 2017, in EUR).
Considering the local currency, between 2013 and 2018, the Russian market for lighting fixtures has grown by an average rate of 11.8% per year. Several factors concurred to explain such a positive result. Firstly, despite currency instabilities and political uncertainties, the Russian economic growth has remained robust. Private consumption has benefited from rising wages, household credit and employment; large infrastructure projects have boosted both public and private investment. Second, the recent years have witnessed the rapid rise of the LED lighting technology. Due to the sharp drop in their cost and their remarkable performance in energy saving and emission reduction, LED lighting products have been generally accepted by consumers, resulting in a higher and higher penetration rate as well as a fast-shrinking market for conventional lighting products. CSIL estimates that in 2018, LED lighting has reached a share of 52% of the market and it is projected to reach 69% of the market by 2022.
Research Field and Methodology
- Research tools and methodological notes
1. Market Size and Activity Trends
- Lighting fixtures production, consumption, and international trade: total and by market segment. Data available in EUR and RUB. The time frame considered is 2013-2018, forecasts 2019-2022
2. International Trade
- Exports/imports of lighting fixtures by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2012-2017
- Exports/imports of lamps, 2012-2017
3. Market Structure
- Lighting fixtures sales breakdown by light sources (incandescence, fluorescence, gas discharge, LEDs, OLED, fiber optics), 2014-2016-2018
- Focus on LED lighting: Main players in the LED lighting segment, 2018
- Breakdown of lighting fixtures production by the four main segments (residential-consumer, commercial, industrial, outdoor lighting), by style, product type, and application, 2014-2016-2018
- Focus on Connected Lighting
- Employment and productivity
- Sales breakdown by distribution channel (direct sales/contract, lighting specialist retailers, large and small furniture and furnishings stores / department stores, wholesalers, DIY, E-commerce)
- Sales by Federal District (Central, Siberian, Southern, Ural, Volga, North West, Far East)
- Reference prices in a sample of stores
5. Magazines, Associations and Trade Fairs
6. The Competitive System
- Top players (manufacturing in Russia): lighting fixtures sales in the Russian market and market shares for 40 of the major Russian companies
- Exporters: lighting fixtures exports breakdown by country/geographical area for 25 of the major Russian exporters
- Sales on the domestic market: lighting fixtures sales in the Russian market and market shares for 50 of the major companies. Total lighting; Residential lighting; Commercial lighting; Industrial lighting; Outdoor lighting
7. Economic Indicators
- Macroeconomic Data (Country indicators).
- Population and urbanization process.
- Construction sector and real estate.
Appendix I: Economic indicators, lighting fixtures basic data and trade in other CIS Countries
Country: Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine
Appendix II: List of companies interviewed and/or mentioned
- Amira Svetotekhnika
- Artlight (Optosvet)
- Bega Group
- BL Group
- Delta Light
- Esco New Light
- Fagerhult Group
- Favourite TM Avrora
- Flos Group
- FSL Lighting
- Gagarin Industria Plant
- GE Lighting Group
- Ikea Group
- Leroy Merlin
- Lighting Technologies
- LT Project
- Maytoni Chandeliers
- Natali Kovaltseva
- New light
- Osram Group
- Schréder Group
- Signify Russia