The report provides a breakdown of lighting fixtures market in 13 Central-Eastern European countries by segment (Consumer and Professional lighting fixtures market), by products and applications and by light source (LED and traditional sources).
Countries covered: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Plus a focus on international trade of lighting fixtures and comparison with selected country indicators for 5 countries of the Balkan Peninsula.
Sales data and market shares for over 100 CE European and International players operating in this area and country data updated to 2017. Activity trend, international trade, product trends: 2012-2017. Macroeconomic forecasts up to 2019.
Data on consumer/residential lighting are broken down by style (traditional, modern, design), while data on architectural/commercial lighting are broken down by kind of product (downlights/recessed lighting, tubes/systems/tracks, linear lighting/strips, high bays, floor and table lamps, chandeliers for commercial spaces, projectors/spotlights, wall washers, LED panels) and application (hospitality, office, retail, art and museums, entertainment, schools and infrastructures). Industrial lighting consists of lighting for industrial sites, healthcare lighting, weather-resistant and explosion-proof lighting, emergency lighting, marine lighting. Outdoor lighting includes residential outdoor lighting, lighting for urban landscape, lighting for streets and major roads, area/campus lighting, lighting for tunnels and galleries, Christmas and special events lighting.
Financial analysis is based on a sample of over 150 CE European companies active in the lighting sector and includes profitability ratios (EBITDA, EBIT, ROI, ROE), structure ratios, employment data and per employees’ ratios.
The analysis of lighting fixtures distribution channels in Central-Eastern Europe covers direct sales and contract, specialist lighting stores, furniture stores and chains, department stores, wholesalers, DIY stores, e-commerce. A breakdown of lighting fixtures sales by distribution channel is available for most of the main companies.
A breakdown of lighting fixtures exports and imports for each Central-Eastern European Country considered is provided by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, also considering the performance of the main CE European companies on extra CEE markets (Western Europe, Russia and other CIS Countries, Middle East, Africa, Americas, Asia and Pacific).
Lighting fixtures sales by product (consumer/residential lighting, architectural/commercial lighting, industrial lighting, and outdoor lighting) and by CE European country of destination are provided for the major local and international companies operating in this market. Market shares and short profiles are also included.
Addresses of about 130 CE European lighting fixtures manufacturers are also provided.
According to the author estimates, in 2017, the production of lighting fixtures in the CEE13 countries considered registered a +9.7% increase, thus reaching a total value of EUR 2,900 million.
As for consumption, a total value of EUR 2,627 million was recorded in the CEE13 countries during 2017 (+4.2% compared to 2016). Growth has been respectively by 6.4% and 3.1% in the consumer and in the professional market.
Lighting fixtures market has grown by 19% in the LED segment while decreasing by -3.8% for conventional lighting sources.
In 2017, 50 among the leading CE European players account for around 40% of the lighting fixtures production and 40% of the lighting fixtures consumption.
Average EBITDA for our lighting manufacturers’ sample (161 companies) is almost 5%, lower than in West Europe.
In 2017, Exports of lighting fixtures to Central-Eastern Europe reached the value of EUR 2.6 billion, registering an increase of 8.5% compared to the previous year. Imports reached EUR 2.3 billion in 2017, with a growth of 2.3% compared to 2016.
- Contents of the Report, Research tools, and methodological notes; Terminology; Executive Summary
2. Basic Data and Activity Trend
- Analysis of the lighting fixtures industry (production, consumption and international trade) in Central-Eastern Europe as a whole and for each considered country, data 2012-2017 and macroeconomic forecasts up to 2019.
- Consumer and Professional lighting fixtures market
3. International Trade
- Lighting fixtures exports and imports 2012-2017, by country and by geographical area of destination/origin
4. Market Structure
- Lighting Fixtures market analysis by segment: residential/consumer lighting, architectural/commercial lighting, industrial lighting, and outdoor lighting; by style (traditional, modern, design); by product type and by destination
- Lighting Fixtures market analysis by light sources: incandescence, fluorescence, LED, gas discharge/metal halide, fiber optics. Light sources used in a sample of companies and focus on LED sales of the top 50 companies.
- Financial results: ROI, ROE, EBITDA and EBIT ratio for a sample of 60 companies; Employment analysis: number of employees, turnover per employee, the average cost of an employee, cost of employees/turnover for a sample of companies
5. Distribution Channels
- Lighting fixtures sales by distribution channel for consumer and professional luminaires: contract and direct sales, specialist lighting stores, lifestyle retailers, electrical wholesalers, DIY stores, e-commerce
6. Sales by Product and by Country: Major Companies' Market Shares
- Lighting fixtures sales, market shares, and short profiles of the major CE European and international companies by segment, product/application and by the destination country
- Lighting fixtures sales of the major CE European companies towards extra CEE countries (Western Europe, Russia and CIS countries, Middle East, Africa, Americas, Asia, and Pacific)
- Appendix: Addresses of the major CE European lighting fixtures companies interviewed and/or mentioned in the Report
- 2R Bulgaria
- Efl Polaris
- Elite Bohemia
- ES-System SA
- IBV Hungária
- Intra Lighting
- Kaja Lighting
- Lena Lighting
- Lis Lighting
- LUG Light
- Octa Light
- OMS Lighting
- Philips Lighting
- PXF Lighting
- Robe Lighting
- Spectra Lighting
- TM Technologie