The global market for telemedicine is expected to surpass US$ 103 Billion by 2026. Telemedicine services are used in several medical areas, such as dermatology, gynecology, cardiology, neurology, diabetes control, psychiatry, primary healthcare, and others. The deployment of telemedicine services has significantly changed the healthcare services, due to various technological innovation in the field of medical device and services. The growing geriatric population coupled with rising prevalence of chronic diseases, the dearth of healthcare professionals worldwide, improvements in telecommunication infrastructure, and need for affordable treatment options due to rising healthcare costs are some of the factors expected to propel the growth of telemedicine market in the coming years. Some of the key factors restricting the growth of telemedicine market include lack of skilled and trained professionals in the remote areas, and privacy and security concern.
By End Users - Global Telemedicine Market
- Telehospitals/teleclinics hold the largest share among the end-users.
- Telehome segment is estimated to grow at the fastest rate because of the rising inclination towards personalized healthcare.
- By Specialty - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast
- Dermatology segment captured maximum share of the global telemedicine market.
- Gynecology is expected to be one of the most revenue-generating specialty segment in the telemedicine market.
- Cardiology is the third-largest application of the telemedicine industry.
- Neurology market segment accounted for over 7% share of the global telemedicine market in 2018.
- The medical specialties such as the orthopedics, oncology, mental health, internal medicine and emergency care are also witnessing increasing demand for telemedicine services thus fueling the growth of the market.
By Component - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast
- In terms of component, the services segment commands the largest share of the global telemedicine market.
- The hardware segment is predicted to account for over 17% share of the global telemedicine market by 2026.
- The software segment is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.
By Service Types - Global Telemedicine Services Market and Forecast
- Tele-consulting segment held maximum share of the total telemedicine services market.
- Among the various services of telemedicine, telemonitoring is expected to grow at the highest rate during forecast period.
- Tele-education and tele-training segment accounted for a combined share of nearly 16% in 2018.
By Delivery Mode - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast
- Web/mobile segment generated maximum revenue share in the year 2018.
- The call centers have emerged as a new channel for the delivery of a wide variety of healthcare information and services.
By Region - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast
- North America accounted for lion’s share of the total telemedicine market on account of high demand for technologically advanced products.
- Europe is the second leading market for telemedicine. The rising demand for quality healthcare and the need to curtail escalating government expenditure on healthcare services is expected to push European governments towards the adoption of e-health policies.
- In the coming years, the telemedicine market is expected to witness the highest growth in the Asia-Pacific region, with emphasis on India, China, and Japan.
- Telemedicine can be particularly useful in Latin America and Middle East & Africa given the uneven distribution of doctors and the significant lack of personnel in rural areas.
This is the 3rd edition report on Telemedicine industry by the author. The report titled “Global Telemedicine Market (by End-Users, Specialty, Component, Service Types, Delivery Mode & Regional Analysis), Mergers and Acquisitions, Recent Trends, Key Company Profiles and Recent Developments - Forecast to 2026” provides a complete assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth Global Telemedicine Market.
The author employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports. This report is built by using data and information sourced from Proprietary Information Database, Primary and Secondary Research Methodologies, and In house analysis by the author's dedicated team of qualified professionals with deep industry experience and expertise.
- Primary Research Methodologies: Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.
- Secondary Research Methodologies: Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government and NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries and Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2012 - 2026)
3. By End Users - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2012 - 2026)
3.1 Global Telehospitals/Teleclinics Market and Forecast
3.2 Global Telehome Market and Forecast
4. Global Telemedicine Market Share and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
4.1 By End-Users - Global Telemedicine Market Share and Forecast
4.2 By Specialty - Global Telemedicine Market Share and Forecast
4.3 By Component - Global Telemedicine Market Share and Forecast
4.4 By Service Types - Global Telemedicine Market Share and Forecast
4.5 By Delivery Mode - Global Telemedicine Market Share and Forecast
4.6 By Region - Global Telemedicine Market Share and Forecast
5. By Specialty - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
5.1 Global Telemedicine - Dermatology Market and Forecast
5.2 Global Telemedicine - Gynecology Market and Forecast
5.3 Global Telemedicine - Cardiology Market and Forecast
5.4 Global Telemedicine - Neurology Market and Forecast
5.5 Global Telemedicine - Orthopedics Market and Forecast
5.6 Global Telemedicine - Oncology Market and Forecast
5.7 Global Telemedicine - Mental Health Market and Forecast
5.8 Global Telemedicine - Internal Medicine Market and Forecast
5.9 Global Telemedicine - Emergency Care Market and Forecast
5.10 Global Telemedicine - Other Specialties Market and Forecast
6. By Component - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
6.1 Global Telemedicine - Services Market and Forecast
6.2 Global Telemedicine - Hardware Market and Forecast
6.3 Global Telemedicine - Software Market and Forecast
6.4 Global Telemedicine - Telecom and Networking Market and Forecast
7. By Service Types - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
7.1 Global Telemedicine Services - Tele-Consulting Market and Forecast
7.2 Global Telemedicine Services - Tele-Monitoring Market and Forecast
7.3 Global Telemedicine Services - Tele-Education Market and Forecast
7.4 Global Telemedicine Services - Tele-Training Market and Forecast
7.5 Global Telemedicine Services - Others Market and Forecast
8. By Delivery Mode - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
8.1 Global Telemedicine - Web/Mobile Market and Forecast
8.2 Global Telemedicine - Call Centers Market and Forecast
9. By Region - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
9.1 North America - Telemedicine Market and Forecast
9.2 Europe - Telemedicine Market and Forecast
9.3 Asia Pacific - Telemedicine Market and Forecast
9.4 Middle East & Africa - Telemedicine Market and Forecast
9.5 Latin America - Telemedicine Market and Forecast
10. Global Telemedicine Market - Mergers and Acquisitions
11. Recent Telemedicine Trends That Will Transform the Healthcare Industry
12. Global Telemedicine Market - Driving Factors
12.1 Changing Healthcare Paradigm: Inevitable Need for Telemedicine
12.2 Physician Shortage
12.3 Growing Medicare Reimbursement for Telehealth Services
12.4 Increasing Chronic Diseases
12.5 Increasing Number of Aging Patients Requiring Daily Care
12.6 Growing Investment in Telemedicine and Improved Technology Infrastructure
12.7 Moving from Treatment to Early Intervention
12.8 Increasing Focus of Companies on Telemedicine
12.9 Increasing Acceptance of Telemedicine by Patients
13. Global Telemedicine Market - Challenges
13.1 Technical Challenges
13.2 Availability of Telecommunications Bandwidth
13.3 Privacy and Security Concern
13.4 Medical Liability and Malpractice Issues
13.5 Other Challenges Restricting Market Growth
14. Global Telemedicine Market - Company Profiles
14.1 McKesson Corporation
14.1.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.1.2 Recent Developments
14.2 Philips Healthcare
14.2.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.2.2 Recent Developments
14.3 GE Healthcare Ltd.
14.3.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.3.2 Recent Developments
14.4.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.4.2 Recent Developments
14.5 Cerner Corporation
14.5.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.5.2 Recent Developments
14.6 Cisco Systems, Inc.
14.6.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.6.2 Recent Developments
14.7 Medtronic plc
14.7.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.7.2 Recent Developments
14.8 Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.
14.8.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.8.2 Recent Developments
14.9 Plantronics, Inc
14.9.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.10 Polycom, Inc
14.10.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.11 BioTelemetry, Inc.
14.11.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.11.2 Recent Developments
14.12 SHL Telemedicine
14.12.1 Company Overview and Revenue
14.12.2 Recent Developments
14.13 AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc.
14.13.1 Company Overview
14.13.2 Recent Developments
14.14 Aerotel Medical Systems (1998) Ltd
14.14.1 Company Overview
14.14.2 Recent Developments
14.15 Care Innovations LLC
14.15.1 Company Overview
14.15.2 Recent Developments
14.16 Resideo Life Care Solution
14.16.1 Company Overview
14.16.2 Recent Developments
14.17 GlobalMedia Group LLC
14.17.1 Company Overview
14.17.2 Recent Developments
- Aerotel Medical Systems (1998) Ltd
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.
- AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc
- BioTelemetry, Inc
- Care Innovations LLC
- Cerner Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc
- GE Healthcare Ltd.
- GlobalMedia Group LLC
- McKesson Corporation
- Medtronic plc
- Philips Healthcare
- Plantronics, Inc
- Polycom, Inc
- Resideo Life Care Solution
- SHL Telemedicine