Investments in 5G and Digital Infrastructure Such as SDN/NFV Key to the Changing Market and Customer Requirements
This research service provides an analysis of the telecommunications market in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). The stakeholder scope includes mobile network operators (MNOs), fixed-line operators, and Internet service providers (ISPs). The study details the key telecom market indicators; market developments in terms of technology, services, competition, and infrastructure; and key regulatory trends and their impact on operators. It provides a snapshot of the KSA’s telecom market from various aspects, including market size, revenue, subscribers, and penetration across overall the telecom market, as well as individual mobile, fixed-line, and broadband segments.
The contribution made by prepaid and postpaid segments to the overall mobile services is discussed in detail. The study highlights the key market drivers and restraints that are shaping the KSA’s telecom market, along with an in-depth analysis of the competitive environment in terms of business model evolution, product line, technology leadership, product innovation, revenue growth, profitability, competitive differentiation, and customer service for each of the 3 MNOs focused on in the study: STC, Mobily, and Zain.
The telecom industry is changing rapidly in terms of technological advancements, service delivery, competitive landscape, and telcos’ services expansion in the non-traditional telecom services section, such as managed infrastructure services, datacenter/co-location services, and cloud services. The study, however, does not cover these services in detail; it provides qualitative commentary on some of the trends and telcos’ plans for these services.
Additionally, 5G is expected to bring in a new wave of investments, along with opportunities, for telcos. Saudi Arabian telcos are betting big on 5G; some of them have already announced their plans for 5G roll-out. The study provides a view of the 5G roll-out initiatives from Saudi Arabian telcos, as well as telecom infrastructure vendors that telcos are partnering with for such roll-outs. The study concludes by providing 3 top predictions, which the publisher believes would have the highest impact on the evolution of the telecom industry in Saudi Arabia.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the importance of information and communications technology (ICT) in the Saudi Arabian economy?
- Which are the key telecom operators shaping the communication landscape in the region?
- What are the key regulations driving growth?
- What are the industry best practices that telecom operators can capitalize on?
- What are the emerging technologies in the telecom market?
- What are the key trends shaping the telecom market?
- What are the potential growth opportunities in the Saudi Arabian market?
Table of Contents
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Research Scope
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Telecom Market Outlook
- Telecom Infrastructure in KSA
- Regulatory Framework - Key Trends
- Telecom Timeline
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Total Telecom Market - Revenue Forecast
- Mobile Revenue Forecast by Operator
- Mobile Subscriber Forecast and Penetration Rate
- Mobile Subscriber Forecast by Operator
- Mobile Subscriber - Prepaid Vs Postpaid
- Fixed Line Subscriber Forecast
- Fixed Line Revenue Forecast
- Broadband Subscriber Forecast and Penetration Rate
- Broadband Revenue Forecast
- Competitive Environment
- Telecom Operator’s Business Model Evolution
- Competitor Analysis - STC
- Competitor Analysis - Mobily
- Competitor Analysis - Zain
- Growth Opportunities and Enterprises to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Investments in 5G
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Investments in SDN and NFV Technologies
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: