Heterocyclic Organic Corrosion Inhibitors: Principles and Applications aims to comprehend the synthesis and application of organic heterocyclic compounds as corrosion inhibitors in various corrosive environments. Considering the high importance of corrosion inhibitor development for different industries, the book provides the fundamentals and most recent advancements in this field. The book is an indispensable reference tool for industrialists and academicians working in the field of corrosion protection.
- Provides a systematic overview of fundamentals and current advancements
- Acts as a primary reference for beginner researchers in this arena
- Presents a handy reference tool to different chemical industries
- Covers fundamentals, industrial applications and most recent advancements in this area
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Heterocyclic corrosion inhibitors 2. Experimental methods of inhibitor evaluation 3. Computational methods of performance evaluation 4. Heterocyclic corrosion inhibitors for acid environments 5. Heterocyclic corrosion inhibitors for sweet and sour environments 6. Heterocyclic corrosion inhibitors for neutral environments 7. Heterocyclic corrosion inhibitors for alkaline environments 8. Heterocyclic vapor-phase corrosion inhibitors 9. Environmentally benign heterocyclic corrosion inhibitors
Dr. Mumtaz A. Quraishi is a Chair Professor at the Center of Research Excellence in Corrosion at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia. He obtained Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry in 1986 from Kurukshetra University, and D.Sc. in corrosion inhibition in 2004 from Aligarh Muslim University. He has published more than 300 papers in reputed international journals and has been teaching for over 40 years. He is a fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry, UK. He has received several prestigious awards, including Life Time Achievement Award (International Science Congress Association, ISCA), Meritorious and Excellence in Corrosion Award (NACE, India), MASCOT award (ECI, India), Vigyan Ratna Award (CST, India) and is a member of Editorial Board of many International Journals. His current research area is designing of green corrosion inhibitors.
Chauhan, Dheeraj Singh
Dheeraj Singh Chauhan has received B.Sc. (Hons.) (2002), and M.Sc. (2004) degrees from the Banaras Hindu University (BHU), India and Ph.D. (2012) degree from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT, BHU). Soon after, he joined Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (2013-2015). He was a Senior Research Fellow at IIT BHU during 2016-2017. Currently he is working on the development of corrosion inhibitors for oil and gas industry.
Saji, Viswanathan S.
Dr Saji is a Research Scientist III at the Center of Research Excellence in Corrosion, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Saudi Arabia. He received PhD (2003) degree from the University of Kerala, India. He was a Research Associate at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay (2004-2005) & Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore (2005-2007), Postdoctoral Researcher at Yonsei University (2007-2008) & Sunchon National University (2009), Senior Research Scientist at Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) (2009-2010), Research Professor at Chosun University (2008-2009) & Korea University (2010-2013), and Endeavour Research Fellow at University of Adelaide (2014). He has authored 65 journal publications, contributed 5 books and 10 book chapters. His research interest lies in electrochemistry, corrosion science, and nano/bio/energy materials.