Assistive Technology for the Elderly addresses the intricacies involved in the design and development of assisted technologies for the elderly, covering smart systems such as magnifying book contents, speaking electronic devices, alarms for doors and windows, smart alert bands, panic buttons, medication dispensers and reminders, Wander Gard, physiological parameters monitoring systems and smart home monitoring systems. This book is aimed at those who are responsible for designing assistive technology intended to be used by the elderly. It lays out the technology that is already available and covers user needs and state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents
1. Access control for Internet of Things-enabled assistive technologies: an architecture, challenges and requirements
2. An efficient ambient intelligent-assisted people searching for Internet of Things-based healthcare system
3. Securing the elderly in cyberspace with fingerprints
4. Wearable solution for robust fall detection
5. Heart sound detection, analysis, and assistive technologies for the elderly
6. Assistive sensing technology for the elderly health monitoring
7. Assistive technology for garments: an all seasons' jacket
8. Edge computing for visitor identification using Eigenfaces in an assisted living environment
9. Towards unsupervised multiresident tracking in ambient assisted living: methods and performance metrics
10. Significance of digital microfluidic techniques in biomedical devices for healthcare
11.Assistive devices for elderly mobility and rehabilitatioin: review and reflection