Get practical answers from the only guide on the care of sheep, goats, and cervids! Authoritative yet easy to read, Sheep, Goat and Cervid Medicine, 3rd Edition covers all the latest advances in the field, including diseases and medical treatment, surgery, pain management, theriogenology, and nutrition. Clear instructions and hundreds of full-color photographs guide you step by step through common procedures including restraint for examination, administration of drugs, blood collection, and grooming. New to this edition is coverage of deer and elk medicine, reflecting the growing interest in these ruminants. Written by an expert team led by Dr. D.G. Pugh, this comprehensive reference is ideal for veterinarians and also for owners of sheep and goats.
2. Feeding and Nutrition
3. Oral-Esophageal Diseases
5. Diseases of the Gastrointestinal System
6. Diseases of the Respiratory System
7. Theriogenology of Sheep and Goats
8. Diseases of the Endocrine System
9. Diseases of the Integumentary System
10. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
11. Diseases of the Urinary System
12. Diseases of the Neurologic System
13. Diseases of the Eye
14. Diseases of the Mammary Gland
15. Diseases of the Hematologic, Immunologic, and Lymphatic Systems (Multisystem Diseases)
16. Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
18. Anesthesia and Pain Management
19. Flock Health
20. Field Necropsy and Diagnostic Tests NEW!
Appendix I: Commonly Used Drugs and Veterinary Feed Directives in Sheep, Goats and Cervids
Appendix II: Practical Fluid Therapy
Appendix III: Normal Values and Conversions
Alabama Veterinary Diagnostic Lab System
Dept. of Pathobiology
Baird, N. (Nickie) Section Chief, Large Animal Surgery
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences
School of Veterinary Medicine
West Lafayette, Indiana.
Edmondson, Misty Associate Professor, Farm Animal, Department of Clinical Sciences, Auburn University.
Passler, Thomas Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Sciences, Auburn University.