China is the world's major cannabis planting area, accounting for about half of the world's total area. According to the statistics of the World Intellectual Property Organization, 306 of the 606 patents involving cannabis in the world are from Chinese companies and individuals. Two of China’s 34 regions are leading a boom in cultivating cannabis to produce cannabidiol, or CBD, which has become a consumer health and beauty craze in the United States and beyond.
According to incomplete statistics, at least 190 companies in China include “industrial cannabis” in their business scope. There are more than 50 enterprises with industrial cannabis planting licenses, but only 5 of them have been given a Yunnan Industrial Cannabis Leaf Processing License.
In the domestic market, China's Yunnan and Heilongjiang provinces have opened up the cultivation and processing of cannabis. Yunnan Province is the only province that has specified the requirements for industrial cannabis cultivation and processing and is also the earliest province for the development of the industrial cannabis industry. In addition, Jilin Province is expected to become the third province in China to open industrial cannabis cultivation and processing.
In China industrial cannabis is not yet legal for medical applications and consequently, the market has not yet been developed, resulting in the low comprehensive utilization of industrial cannabis. With the deepening of research in the field of cannabis, the market space for extracts represented by CBD is increasing. At the same time, the application of CBD in food, cosmetics, and health products will continue to expand. In the future, the CBD will become the focus of the development of the cannabis industry.
China Cannabis Industry Analysis 2019
- Analysis of the Development of Chinese Industrial Cannabis Industry
- Analysis of China's Industrial Cannabis Industry Supply Chain
- Analysis of the Supply Situation of Industrial Cannabis Industry in China
- Analysis of Major Brands in China's Industrial Cannabis Industry
- Analysis of the Advantages of China's Industrial Cannabis Industry
- Analysis of the Disadvantages of China's Industrial Cannabis Industry
- China's Industrial Cannabis Industry Opportunity Analysis
- China's Industrial Cannabis Industry Threat Analysis
- Analysis of Market Opportunities in China's Industrial Cannabis Industry
- Forecast of the Development Trend of China's Industrial Cannabis Industry
- Ald Group Limited
- Hankang (Yunnan) Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Institute Of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy Of Agricultural Sciences
- Kunming Baiou Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Lushan Wuxing Biological Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Airis Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Bauway Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Buddy Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Itsuwa Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Meizhonglian Technology Co., Ltd. (Vapeez™)
- Shenzhen Smiss Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Smoore Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Transpring Enterprise Ltd.
- Shenzhen Yocan Technology Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Hansu Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Hempson Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Yuxi Hongbao Biotechnology Co., Ltd.