Wearable tech is still in its infancy in the industrial space, and much of the developments today are largely catering to the demand of the consumer markets. However, oil and gas companies have started evaluating the possibilities of deploying wearable devices in day-to-day operations. Initial research is focused on enabling real-time monitoring of field technicians to ensure safety and in providing them with audiovisual assistance in performing asset maintenance. The eventual goal is to adopt lightweight, yet rugged wearable devices to improve safety and efficiency in oilfield operations.
The major area of interest is the ability of wearable tech to free up the wearer's hands, enabling him to perform tasks without any hindrance. Moreover, wearable devices can augment natural human capabilities, such as enhanced vision or smell (gas detection), thereby adding productivity and safety in oil field operations. These aspects of wearable tech are encouraging oil and gas companies to adopt helmets, smart glasses, wristbands, and other devices that incorporate technologies like wireless connectivity, artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR).
- Overview of the emergence of wearable tech as a theme in the oil and gas industry and its impact on operations.
- Detailed analysis of the emerging use cases for wearable tech across the oil and gas value chain.
- A brief overview of the major application areas for wearable tech in the oil and gas industry.
- Analysis of the wearable tech industry along with its use cases across different industry verticals.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the importance of adopting wearable technology in oil and gas operations.
- A review of some of the case studies highlighting the growing capabilities of wearable in addressing business challenges across the oil and gas value chain.
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas companies and technology providers based on their exposure to wearable theme.
Table of Contents
- TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Competitive analysis
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Use cases
- VALUE CHAIN
- App layer
- Data layer
- Connectivity layer
- Device layer
- Smart glasses
- Fitness trackers
- Smart clothes
- CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SECTOR SCORECARD
- Who’s who
- Thematic screen
- Valuation screen
- Risk Screen
- APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY