The major factors responsible for the rising sales of electric buses include improved miles on a single charge, reduction in charging time, increasing number of charging stations across all the regions, among others. Additionally, the development of integrated mobility solutions and increasing public transport are further propelling growth in the market. Furthermore, rising government support coupled with growing awareness among population would steer growth in the market in the coming years.
The United Kingdom Electric Bus Market is segmented based on seating type, battery type, application, bus length, region and company. Based on battery type, the market can be bifurcated into lead acid and lithium ion, of which the latter is expected to grow at a fast pace since it is safe and cost-effective. Based on bus length, the market can be fragmented into 6-8m, 9-12m and above 12m. The 9-12m segment is anticipated to dominate the market owing to the preference for medium and large buses by the public transport authority.
The major player operating in the UK Electric Bus Market are BYD/ADL, Volvo, Optare, Mellor Coachcraft, Pelican Yutong Buses and others. Most of the companies are developing new products along with new advanced technologies in order to strengthen their position in electric bus market. Moreover, many companies are merging with other companies as a part of strategy for good dealing and to cope with the market competition.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2014-2017
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Period: 2020–2024
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market.
- To classify and forecast the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market based on seating capacity, battery type, application, bus length, company and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market.
The author calculated the market size of the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market by using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. they sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Electric bus manufacturers and suppliers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to electric bus
In this report, the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Market, By Seating Capacity:
- Up to 30-Seater
- Above 40
- Lead Acid
- Lithium Ion
- Airport Bus
- Above 12m
- Greater London
- South East
- North West
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the United Kingdom Electric Bus Market.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a client’s specific needs.
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. United Kingdom Electric Bus Market Outlook
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value & Volume
5.2. Market Share & Forecast
5.2.1. By Seating Capacity (Up to 30-Seater; 31-40-Seater; Above 40)
5.2.2. By Battery Type (Lead Acid and Lithium Ion)
5.2.3. By Application (Intercity; Intracity; Airport Bus)
5.2.4. By Bus Length (6-8m; 9-12m; Above 12m)
5.2.5. By Region
5.2.6. By Company (2018)
5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
5.4. Pricing Analysis
6. United Kingdom Electric Bus Above 40-Seater Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value & Volume
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Battery Type
6.2.2. By Application
6.2.3. By Bus Length
6.3. Pricing Analysis
7. United Kingdom Electric Bus 31- 40-Seater Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.1.1. By Value & Volume
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By Battery Type
7.2.2. By Application
7.2.3. By Bus Length
7.3. Pricing Analysis
8. United Kingdom Electric Bus Up to 30-Seater Market Outlook
8.1. Market Size & Forecast
8.1.1. By Value & Volume
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Battery Type
8.2.2. By Application
8.2.3. By Bus Length
8.3. Pricing Analysis
9. Market Dynamics
10. Market Trends & Developments
11. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
12. United Kingdom Economic Profile
13. Competitive Landscape
13.1. Alexander Dennis Limited
13.2. VDL Bus & Coach
13.4. Mellor Coachcraft
13.6. Pelican Yutong
14. Strategic Recommendations
(Note: The companies list can be customized based on the client requirements)