This market research report includes a detailed segmentation of the global varicose vein treatment market by type (endovenous ablation, sclerotherapy, surgical ligation & stripping); by end-user (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centres, physician’s office); by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the World).
Overview of the Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market
The author's market research report predicts that the “global varicose vein treatment market” will grow at a CAGR of ~6.0% during the forecast period 2019–2025. The treatment methods for varicose veins have transformed over the time due to recent alertness of cosmetic contemplations & the way they can disturb the superiority of life along with the advancements of innovative treatments & ambulatory care services. Varicose veins worry over 40 million individuals in the US, with about 50% of varicose vein patients having a family history.
Increasing prevalence of varicose veins and the growing geriatric population are among the major factors driving the growth of the market. However, the high cost of the treatment procedure and lack of skilled professionals are hampering the growth of the market.
The majority of the revenue is generated from the leading players in the market with dominant sales from Syneron, AngioDynamics, biolitec AG, Energist Group, Medtronic Plc, and Sciton Inc.
According to the analysis, North America accounted for the largest share of the global varicose vein treatment market in 2018. The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness the fastest growth rate due to the large patient pool, an increase in the number of surgeries, and rising healthcare expenditure.
- Endovenous Ablation
- Surgical Ligation & Stripping
Sclerotherapy held the largest share in the global varicose vein treatment market in 2018. The market is likely to shift toward the non-invasive treatment technique during the forecast period 2019–2025.
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Physician’s Office
The hospital's segment holds a significant share among other end-users in the market and is also the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period 2019–2025.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
North America dominated the global varicose vein treatment market in 2018. The significant share of the North American region comes from the US, owing to the accessibility to good quality healthcare and excellent reimbursement facilities.
Varicose Vein Treatment Market Research Competitive Analysis
Surgical procedures for varicose veins are likely to experience significant changes in the foreseeable future; non-invasive alternatives have mainly overtaken surgery. In the recent past, the preference for non-invasive surgery has accelerated due to the possibility of infections involved with invasive surgery. High-intensity focused ultrasound is one of the latest treatment options for varicose veins and venous reflux disease. This innovative technology has been used for non-invasive tissue ablation in other therapeutic instances, and hence, there is a strong possibility of it being effective in veins.
- biolitec AG
- Energist Group
- Medtronic Plc
- Sciton Inc.
Key Competitive Facts
- The market is shifting toward less invasive procedures for the treatment of varicose veins.
- The varicose vein treatment cost is high and the reimbursement scenario is very inconsistent.
The report provides complete details about the sub-segments of the varicose vein treatment market. Through this report, the key stakeholders can know about the major trends, drivers, investments, vertical player’s initiatives, and government initiatives toward the disease management in the upcoming years along with details of the existing pure-play companies and new players entering the market. Moreover, the report provides details about the major challenges that are going to impact market growth. Additionally, the report gives complete details about the key business opportunities to key stakeholders in order to expand their business and capture the revenue in specific verticals, and to analyze before investing or expanding the business in this market.
- Understanding the potential market opportunity with precise market size and forecast data.
- A detailed market analysis focusing on the growth of the industry.
- Factors influencing the growth of the varicose vein treatment market.
- In-depth competitive analysis of dominant and pure-play vendors.
- Prediction analysis of the varicose vein treatment market in both developed and developing regions.
- Key insights related to major segments of the varicose vein treatment market.
- Latest market trend analysis impacting the buying behaviour of the consumers.
Table of Contents
1.2 Total Addressable Market
2.2 Report Summary
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Report Assumptions
3.2 Segmented Addressable Market
3.3 Industry Trends
3.4 Related Markets
3.4.1 Ablation Devices
4.2 Porter 5 (Five) Forces
184.108.40.206 Rising prevalence of varicose veins
220.127.116.11 Increase in the elderly population
18.104.22.168 High cost of the treatment procedure
22.214.171.124 Lack of skilled professionals
126.96.36.199 Increasing healthcare spending
188.8.131.52 Raising patient awareness regarding the treatment
184.108.40.206 Market expansion opportunities in emerging nations
5.1.4 DRO – Impact Analysis
5.2 Key Stakeholders
6.2 Endovenous Ablation
6.4 Surgical Ligation and Stripping
7.3 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
7.4 Physician’s Clinics
8.2 North America
8.4 Asia Pacific
8.5 Rest of the World
10.2 biolitec AG
10.3 Energist Group
10.5 Medtronic Plc (Covidien Plc)
10.6 Sciton Inc
11.2 BTG International Ltd.
11.3 Eufoton s.r.l.
11.4 Dornier MedTech
11.5 Merz Aesthetics
11.6 Teleflex (Vascular Solutions)
- Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market Revenue, By Types, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market Revenue, By Geography, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Business Summary: Angiodynamics
- Business Summary: Biolitec Ag
- Business Summary: Becton Dickinson And Company
- Business Summary: Syneron
- Business Summary: Sciton Inc
- Business Summary: Lumenis
- Business Summary: Btg International Ltd.
- Business Summary: Eufoton S.R.L.
- Business Summary: Dornier Medtech
- Business Summary: Merz Aesthetics
- Business Summary: Teleflex Incorporated
- Research Methodology Of Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market
- Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market Revenue, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market Segmentation
- Porters 5 Forces On Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market
- Pest Analysis Of Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market
- Market Dynamics – Drivers, Restraints & Opportunities
- Dro - Impact Analysis
- Key Stakeholders Of Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market
- Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market Revenue, By Type, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Endovenous Ablation Market Revenue, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Sclerotherapy Market Revenue, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Surgical Ligation And Stripping Market Revenue, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market Share, By End-User, 2018 (%)
- Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market Share, By Regional Segmentation, 2018 (%)
- Global Varicose Vein Treatment Market Share, By Regional Segmentation, 2025 (%)
- Varicose Vein Treatment Market Revenue In North America, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Varicose Vein Treatment Market Revenue In Europe, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Varicose Vein Treatment Market Revenue In Asia Pacific, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- Varicose Vein Treatment Market Revenue In Rest Of The World, 2018–2025 ($Million)
- biolitec AG
- Energist Group
- Medtronic Plc
- Sciton Inc.