Herbal Medicine: Back to the Future compiles expert reviews on the application of herbal medicines (including Ayurveda, Chinese traditional medicines and alternative therapies) to treat different ailments. The book series demonstrates the use of sophisticated methods to understand traditional medicine while providing readers with a glimpse into the future of herbal medicine.
This volume presents reviews of traditional Chinese medicine and other plant-based therapies useful for treating different cancers. The topics included in this volume are:
- Herbal extracts from Carica papaya and Azadirachta
- Natural antimutagens
- Encapsulated polyphenols and other anticancer compounds derived from plants
- Traditional Chinese medicine treatments for cancer-related fatigue
- Ayurvedic anticancer herbal medicines
- Melanocyte regeneration through herbal medicine
This volume is essential reading for all researchers in the field of natural product chemistry and pharmacology. Medical professionals involved in oncology who seek to improve their knowledge about herbal medicine and alternative therapies will also benefit from the contents of the volume.
- Herbal Extracts from Carica Papaya and Azadirachta Indica: What Role for ROS in Cancer Cell Lines?
- Natural Antimutagens. Chemopreventive Action of Lascorbic Acid and Green Tea Infusions on the Acute Toxicity and Mutagenicity of Reaction Mixtures Nitrite-Sulfonamide
- Encapsulated Plant-Derived Polyphenols as Potential Cancer Treatment Agents
- The Role of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicines in Management of Patients with Cancer-Related Fatigue
- Indirubins as Multi-Target Anti-Tumor Agents
- Anticancer Agents: Plants Used in Ayurveda
- Plant-Based Bioactive Compounds as an Alternative for Cancer Therapy
- Promoting Melanocyte Regeneration Using Different Plants and Their Constituents