Cognitive Informatics, Computer Modelling, and Cognitive Science: Theory, Case Studies, and Applications presents the theoretical background and history of cognitive science to help readers understand its foundations, philosophical and psychological aspects, and applications in a wide range of engineering and computer science case studies. Cognitive science, a cognitive model of the brain, knowledge representation, and information processing in the human brain are discussed, as is the theory of consciousness, neuroscience, intelligence, decision-making, mind and behavior analysis, and the various ways cognitive computing is used for information manipulation, processing and decision-making.
Mathematical and computational models, structures and processes of the human brain are also covered, along with advances in machine learning, artificial intelligence, cognitive knowledge base, deep learning, cognitive image processing and suitable data analytics.
- Identifies how foundational theories and concepts in cognitive science are applicable in other fields
- Includes a comprehensive review of cognitive science applications in multiple domains, applying it to neural engineering, robotics, computer science and STEM
- Includes models of brain processing, consciousness, decision-making, and more
- Provides in-depth technical coverage of cognitive informatics and computing, including coverage of cognitive knowledge base, information theory, cognitive machine learning and intelligence
1. Introduction to cognitive science, informatics, and modeling 2. Machine consciousness: mind, machine, and society contributors 3. Brain-computer interface and neurocomputing 4. The impact on cognitive development of a self-contained exploratory and technology-rich course on the physics of light and sound 5. Identification of normal and abnormal brain hemorrhage on magnetic resonance images 6. Cognitive informatics, computer modeling and cognitive science assessment of knee osteoarthritis in radiographic images: a machine learning approach 7. Adaptive circadian rhythm a cognitive approach through dynamic light management 8. Cognitive and brain function analysis of sleeping stage electroencephalogram wave using parallelization 9. The future networks
a cognitive approach 10. Identification of face along with configuration beneath unobstructed ambiance via reflective deep cascaded neural networks 11. Setting up a neural machine translation system for English to Indian languages 12. An extreme learning-based adaptive control design for an autonomous underwater vehicle 13. Geometric total plaque area is an equally powerful phenotype compared to carotid intima-mediathickness for stroke risk assessment 14. Statistical characterization and classification of colon microarray gene expression data using multiple machine learning paradigms 15. Identification of road signs using a novel convolutional neural network 16. Machine learning behind classification tasks in various engineering and science domains
Dr. G R Sinha is Adjunct Professor at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bangalore, and presently deputed to Myanmar Institute of Information Technology (MIIT) Mandalay. He obtained his B.E. (Electronics Engineering) and M.Tech. (Computer Technology) from National Institute of Technology, Raipur. He received Gold Medal for obtaining first position in the University. He received his Ph.D. in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai. He has published 219 research papers in various international and national journals and conferences. He is active reviewer and editorial member of more than 12 Reputed International Journals such as IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Elsevier Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Springer Journal of Neural Computing and Applications. He has reviewed research papers of many International Conferences including IEEE conferences. He has more than 19 years of teaching and research experience of 19 years, and has been Dean of Faculty and Executive Council Member of Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai. Dr. Sinha has been appointed as Distinguished Speaker in the field of Digital Signal Processing by ACM for next three years (2017-2020).
Suri, Jasjit S.
Dr. Jasjit Suri, PhD, MBA, Fellow AIMBE is an innovator, visionary, scientist, and internationally known world leader. Dr. Suri received the Director General's Gold medal in 1980 and the Fellow of American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, awarded by the National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC, in 2004. He has published over 650 peer-reviewed articles and has over 100 innovations and trademarks. He has author or co-authored over 45 books. He is currently Chairman of Global Biomedical Technologies, Inc., Roseville, CA, and is on the board of AtheroPoint, Roseville, CA, a company dedicated to atherosclerosis imaging for early screening for stroke and cardiovascular monitoring. He has held positions as a chairman of IEEE Denver section and advisor board member to healthcare industries and several universities in USA and abroad.