1h Free Analyst Time“Hong Kong Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by the publisher, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Hong Kong today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the pay-TV, fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
'Hong Kong’s total telecom service revenue will grow from US$4.9 billion in 2021 to US$5.7 billion in 2026, growing at a CAGR of 2.8% over the forecast period, supported by increasing service revenues from mobile data, fixed broadband, and fixed voice services segments. The revenues from mobile data services are set to grow at a 7% CAGR over 2021-2026 supported by increasing mobile internet subscriptions and growing data ARPUs. Whereas fixed broadband revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.2% over 2021-2026, driven by improving fixed broadband service adoption over the forecast period, supported through various Initiatives by the government and operators.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Hong Kong.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the pay-TV, fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a CAGR of 2.8% over 2021-2026.
- Mobile services revenue is estimated to be 58.1% of the total telecom service revenue in 2021.
- Mobile data is to account for a majority 37.2% share of the total telecom service revenue in 2021.
- Top three operators PCCW, China Mobile Hong Kong, and 3 Hong Kong will share account for 71.4% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Hong Kong's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Hong Kong's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, and pay-TV services, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Hong Kong's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Hong Kong.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- China Mobile Hong Kong
3 Hong Kong
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- China Mobile Hong Kong
- 3 Hong Kong
- myTV Super