The European Hydroponics Market is expected to surpass $ 14 billion by 2024. Europe has traditionally been at the forefront of implementing advanced techniques in hydroponic smart greenhouse horticulture. This advancement of greenhouse farming is driving the European Hydroponics Market. Owing to increase in harvest cycles as compared to the traditional agricultural practices a higher yield is obtained using hydroponics technology. Additionally, nutritionally superior variety of products are obtained using this technique since it eliminates the use of any kind of pesticides or fertilizers and ripening agents. Moreover, high profit margins and increasing emphasis on food security further propels the growth of market.
The European Hydroponics Market is segmented based on origin, farming, type, crop type, region and company. Based on type, the market can be bifurcated into aggregate and liquid hydroponics systems. The liquid hydroponics systems are projected to register the highest CAGR 7.40% during the forecast period, on account of their efficiency, cost effectiveness, higher productivity, among others. Based on crop type, the market can be segmented into vegetables, fruits and flowers. The vegetables grown using this technique include Tomato, Leafy Greens, Cucumber, Peppers and Others. The vegetables segment dominates the market, since 10 times higher yield is obtained using this technique as compared to the traditional ones.
Regionally, the hydroponics market is gaining traction and expanding to various countries including Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Russia, and France. The adoption of hydroponics has been the highest in the Netherlands, followed by Spain and Turkey. According to the industry experts, almost 90% of the greenhouses in the Netherlands are converted to hydroponic structures, and most of this area is used for flower and vegetable cultivation. In Europe, Netherlands is the largest producer of hydroponic crops and is expected to maintain the lead for the next 10 years attributable to the vast expansion of hydroponics technology in the Netherlands. Germany is expected to register the highest growth, among the European countries.
The major players operating in the hydroponics market are Argus Control Systems Ltd., General Hydroponics Inc., Greentech Agro LLC, Logiqs B.V., Heliospectra AB, Thanet Earth Ltd., Lumigrow Inc, Signify N.V., Jones Food Company, Koninklijke Philips NV and others. Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new products in order to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new product developments.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2014-2017
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Period: 2020–2024
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the European Hydroponics Market.
- To classify and forecast the European Hydroponics Market based on origin, farming, type, equipment, input, crop type, company and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the European Hydroponics Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the European Hydroponics Market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for the European Hydroponics Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the European Hydroponics Market.
Researchers calculated the market size of the European Hydroponics Market by using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. They sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Hydroponics companies and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to hydroponics
- Market research and consulting firms
In this report, the European Hydroponics Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Market, By Origin:
- Natural & Organics
- Aggregate System (Ebb & Flow Systems, Drip System, Wick System)
- Liquid Hydroponics System (Deep Water Culture, Nutrient Film Technique, Aeroponics)
- Vegetables (Tomato, Leafy Greens, Cucumber, Peppers, Others)
- Rest of Europe
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the European Hydroponics Market.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a client’s specific needs.
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. Europe Hydroponics Market Outlook
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value
5.2. Market Share & Forecast
5.2.1. By Origin (Natural & Organics, Conventional)
5.2.2. By Farming (Indoor, Outdoor)
5.2.3. By Type (Aggregate Systems [Ebb & Flow Systems, Drip System, Wick System], Liquid Hydroponics System [Deep Water Culture, Nutrient Film Technique, Aeroponics])
5.2.4. By Crop Types (Vegetables [Tomato, Leafy Greens, Cucumber, Peppers, Others], Fruits, Flowers)
5.2.5. By Country
5.2.6. By Company (2018)
5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
6. Netherlands Hydroponics Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Farming
6.2.2. By Type
6.2.3. By Crop Type
7. Russia Hydroponics Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.1.1. By Value
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By Farming
7.2.2. By Type
7.2.3. By Crop Type
8. Spain Hydroponics Market Outlook
8.1. Market Size & Forecast
8.1.1. By Value
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Farming
8.2.2. By Type
8.2.3. By Crop Type
9. France Hydroponics Market Outlook
9.1. Market Size & Forecast
9.1.1. By Value
9.2. Market Share & Forecast
9.2.1. By Farming
9.2.2. By Type
9.2.3. By Crop Type
10. Germany Hydroponics Market Outlook
10.1. Market Size & Forecast
10.1.1. By Value
10.2. Market Share & Forecast
10.2.1. By Farming
10.2.2. By Type
10.2.3. By Crop Type
11. Market Dynamics
12. Market Trends & Developments
13. Competitive Landscape
13.1. Competition Outlook
13.2. Company Profiles
13.3. Global Players Profiled (Leading Companies)
13.3.1. Argus Control Systems Ltd.
13.3.2. General Hydroponics Inc.
13.3.3. Greentech Agro LLC
13.3.4. Logiqs B.V.
13.3.5. Heliospectra AB
13.3.6. Thanet Earth Ltd.
13.3.7. Lumigrow Inc
13.3.8. Signify N.V.
13.3.9. Jones Food Company
13.3.10. Koninklijke Philips NV
14. Strategic Recommendations
(Note: The companies list can be customized based on the client requirements.)