This new 835-page report contains 80 tables, and provides a comprehensive analysis of the POC infectious disease testing market, including trends, dynamics, size, growth, regulatory requirements, technological trends, competitive landscape, and emerging opportunities for instrument and consumable suppliers. The report is available by section, and can be customized to specific information needs and budget. This report will help diagnostic product suppliers develop effective business, R&D and marketing strategies for the global POC infectious disease testing market.
The growing economic pressures on hospitals, coupled with advances in diagnostic technologies, intensifying competition among suppliers and physicians, and changing consumer demands are shifting diagnostic testing from hospitals and commercial laboratories closer to the patient.
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Review of five POC market segments, including their dynamics, trends, structure, size, growth and major suppliers.
- Five-year test volume and reagent sales forecasts for major infectious disease tests by market segment:
- Physician Offices/Group Practices
- Emergency Rooms
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Surgery Centers
- Birth Centers
Sales and Market Share Analysis
- Market shares of major infectious disease diagnostic reagent and instrument suppliers.
Current and Emerging Products
- Analysis of infectious disease diagnostic tests performed in POC testing locations.
- Review of leading infectious disease testing analyzers, both currently marketed and those in development, including their operating characteristics, features and selling prices.
- Emerging technologies and their applications for POC testing.
- Comprehensive listings of companies developing or marketing coagulation testing technologies and products, by assay.
- Assessments of major suppliers and emerging market entrants including their sales, product portfolios, marketing tactics, joint ventures,
and new products in R&D.
- Specific opportunities for new infectious disease testing instruments and reagent systems with potentially significant market appeal during the next five years.
- Design criteria for POC testing products.
- Alternative business expansion strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
This report is based on a combination of primary and secondary sources of information, including review of the latest technical and business publications, manufacturer product literature, industry analyst reports, and proprietary data files.
Contains 835 pages and 80 tables
Table of Contents
Rationale for Testing Decentralization
2. Regulatory Trends
3. Economic Trends
4. Demographic Trends
5. Technological Trends
6. Social Trends
7. Quality of Care
8. Defensive Medicine
9. Quality Control Issues
Worldwide Market and Technology Overview
6. Clostridium Difficile
9. Epstein-Barr Virus
11. Helicobacter Pylori
13. Herpes Simplex Virus
14. Human Herpes Virus-6 (HHV-6)
15. Influenza Viruses
17. Lyme Disease
18. Measles (Rubeola)
25. Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
26. Rheumatoid Arthritis
27. Rotavirus (Reovirus)
28. Rubella (German Measles)
31. Staphylococcus Aureus
Instrumentation: Infectious Disease Analyzers Manufactured by:
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Clinical Diagnostics
- and other suppliers
Current and Emerging Technologies
1. Monoclonal Antibodies
3. Dry Chemistry
5. IT and Automation
6. Molecular Diagnostics
Major Product Development Opportunities
Design Criteria for Decentralized Testing Products
Alternative Market Penetration Strategies
Potential Market Entry Barriers and Risks
List of Tables
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Becton Dickinson
- Eiken Chemical
- Elitech Group
- Enzo Biochem
- GSK Biologicals
- Leica Biosystems
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthineers
- Takara Bio
- Thermo Fisher