Spacecraft Collision Avoidance Technology presents the theory and practice of space collision avoidance. The title gives models of time and space environment, their impact on high-precision orbit prediction, considers optimal orbit determination methods and models in different warning stages, and establishes basic models for warning and avoidance. Chapters present an outline of spacecraft collision warning strategy, elaborate on the basics of orbital calculation for collision avoidance, consider space object detection technology, detail space environment and object orbit, give a method for spacecraft collision warning orbit calculation, and finally, demonstrate a strategy for spacecraft collision warning and avoidance.
- Presents strategies, methods and real-world examples relating to space collision avoidance
- Considers time and space environment models in orbit prediction
- Gives optimal orbit determination methods and models for various warning stages
- Establishes and elaborates basic models for warning and avoidance
- Takes note of the current space environment for object detection and collision avoidance
1. Outline of spacecraft collision warning 2. Basics of orbital calculation for spacecraft collision avoidance 3. Space object detection technology 4. Space environment and object orbit 5. Spacecraft collision warning orbit calculation method 6. Spacecraft collision warning and avoidance strategy
Rongzhi Zhang is a senior researcher at the State Key Laboratory of Astronautics Dynamics in Xi'an, China. He has accumulated significant experience in spacecraft collision avoidance research and engineering, and has been involved with practical application of spacecraft collision avoidance to China's space program.