Latest Material and Technological Developments for Activewear provides comprehensive coverage of academic research and industrial advances in this fast-moving field. As society becomes more health conscious, athleisure and sportswear have arrived as key fashion items in the global apparel market. In this book, designers and material scientists will find information on fibers and textiles, new processes, emerging technologies, and new applications that have helped to deliver this new wave of products. In addition to these technical details, the book covers consumer behavior, along with product design and manufacturing.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents1. Introduction to activewear
2. Activewear designs and innovations
3. Textiles fibers and fabrics
4. Narrow fabric elastics and accessories for activewear
5. Evaluation of perceived comfort and functional performance of activewear
6. Compression technology
7. 3D printing technologies: current applications, future trends, and challenges
8. Activewear design for competitions: case study for Hong Kong rowing team
9. Yoga bra design for elderly women
10. An innovative tank top equipped with biofeedback system for adolescents with early scoliosis