Breast Cancer and Gynecological Cancer Rehabilitation provides clinicians with a concise and accessible resource covering the holistic rehabilitation of breast cancer patients. This book begins with the epidemiology, genetics and pathophysiology of breast cancer and moves into clinical assessment and treatment options before providing comprehensive coverage of rehabilitation. Containing practical information, best practices and the latest advances and research, this book provides a valuable reference for physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians and residents, as well as occupational therapists and physical therapists.
- Provides a clear understanding of the current medical, surgical, and radiation treatments for breast cancer.
- Covers the whole spectrum of breast cancer rehabilitation, including the role of physical and occupational therapy, treatment of anxiety and depression, pain syndromes, integrative care, nutritional rehabilitation, palliative care, and more.
- Offers a timely and convenient resource written by leading experts in breast cancer and rehabilitation.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents
Dedication Adrian Cristian
Preface Adrian Cristian
1. Cascade of disability in Breast Cancer and Gynecologic Cancer-assessment and treatment Adrian Cristian
2. Practice Implementation and Outcomes Measurement Nicole L. Stout
3. Exercise while living with Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Susan Maltser and Carly Rothman
4. Cancer Related Fatigue in Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Jasmine Zheng and Betty Chernack
5. Nutritional rehabilitation of the Breast and Gynecologic Cancer patient Karla Otero, Claudia Ferri and Carla Araya
6. A Comprehensive Approach to Psychosocial Distress and Anxiety in Breast and Gynecological Cancer Sherry Hite
7. Prehabilitation in Breast and Gynecologic Oncology Sasha E. Knowlton
8. Systemic therapy for the Treatment of Breast Cancer Ana Cristina Sandoval Leon and Angelique Richardson
9. Principles of Radiation Therapy in Breast Cancer Maria Amelia Rodrigues
10. Breast Cancer Surgery Jane Mendez
11. Reconstructive Surgery and Post-Operative Care for Breast Cancer Harry Michael Salinas, Miguel Medina and Austin Jacob Pourmoussa
12. Skeletal Metastasis in Breast Cancer Theresa Pazionis
13. Shoulder Dysfunction in Breast Cancer Diana Molinares and Adrian Cristian
14. The role of Interventional Pain Management in Breast Cancer Ashish Khanna
15. Aromatase Inhibitor Musculoskeletal Syndrome Jonas Sokolof and Monica Gibilisco
16. Systemic Therapy for the Treatment of Gynecologic Malignancies John Paul Diaz
17. Principles of Radiation Therapy in Gynecologic Cancer Allie Garcia-Serra
18. Surgical Gynecologic Oncolcogy Nicholas C. Lambrou and Angel Amadeo
19. Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Gynecologic Cancer Louise Van Voorhis Gleason
20. Cancer Related Cognitive Impairment-Diagnosis, pathogenesis and management Beatriz Currier, Aileen Moreno and Richard A. Hamilton
21. Lymphedema in Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Mary Crosswell and Adrian Cristian
22. Peripheral Nervous System Involvement in Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Christian M. Custodio and Franchesca Konig
23. Inpatient Rehabilitation of Patients with Breast Cancer and Gynecologic Cancer Terence Pugh
24. Palliative Care and Symptom Management in Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Marianna Khawand and Suleyki Medina
25. Reproductive Issues and Fertility in Breast and Gynecologic Cancer John Paul Diaz and Elina Melik-Levine
26. Oncology Massage Therapy in Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Kristen Galamaga