This book also provides the updated concepts and technologies in composting manure preparation, and basic knowledge on composting technology and their large-scale management. It also describes a variety of composting types and their beneficial role for both farmers and the ecosystem. The book has been divided into fourteen chapters that balance the composting enrichment process with value addition, top to bottom composting process from raw materials to municipal waste, and their uses in different parts of India. Role of microbial diversity in multistep composting process has been well described. One chapter is dedicated to recent updates on nanofertilizers and their future concerns.
This book is highly relevant to the students of Environmental Studies, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Botany, Zoology, Plant Protection, Agriculture and Agronomy.
1. Enriched Compost: A Boon for Nutrient Starved Agriculture in Northeast India
2. Composting: Exploitation of Microbial Metabolic Diversity Therein
3. Soil Enrichment with Polyphenols Rich Composting
4. Composting Technology in Sugar and Agro-Based Industry-Solution for High BOD Waste and Its Plausible Environmental Impacts
5. Value Addition in Compost
6. Nanomaterials as Fertilizers: Types, Advantages and Concerns
7. Waste Processing and Disposal
8. Prospects of Vermicomposting
9. Vermicomposting-A New Vista for Livelihood Generation and Environmental Management: Case Studies from South West Bengal, India
10. Story of the Unsung Heroes: Exploring the Factors Affecting Composting
11. An Overview of Biocomposting
12. Role of Fungi in Composting
13. Fish Solid Waste Composting: An Alternative Approach for Production of Organic Fertilizer
14. The Technology behind Composting: Economic Aspects in Agriculture