1h Free Analyst TimeTourism Source Market Insight: South Africa
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Our Tourism Source Market Insight: South Africa report provides a thorough insight into the South African domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of South African tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the South African outbound travel market.
- In 2018, South Africa residents took 6.21 million international trips and 16.2 million domestic trips.
- Inbound tourism spending totaled $9.3bn in 2018 while outbound spending totaled $6.8bn.
- In 2018, South Africans between the age of 35 and 49 are taking the most holidays with 6.3 million international and domestic trips being taken. It is expected to grow with a CAGR of 1.66% between 2019 and 2023.
- This report is part of Our Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the South African outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the South African domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of South African tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the South African market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
- Country Snapshot
- At a glance: The South African tourist market in 2018
- Risks to outbound South African tourism
- Main Findings
- Tourists Profiles
- Which types of holiday do South African travelers take and which do they not?
- Which factors motivate South African travelers when choosing a holiday?
- Insight into South African tourists
- Domestic Tourism
- Domestic Flows
- Domestic Spending
- Outbound Tourism
- Outbound Flows
- Outbound Spending
- Main and Developing Destinations
- Where did South African tourists travel to in 2018?
- Main destinations
- Developing destinations
- Threats and opportunities for South African tourism
- Terminology and definitions
- About the Author
- Author at a glance
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- South African Airways
- Alaska Air
- African Sun Hotels