Cogeneration and Polygeneration Systems explores the suite of state-of-the-art modeling, design, analysis and optimization procedures for creating and retooling optimally efficient combined heat and power (CHP) and polygeneration energy systems. The book adopts exergetic and thermoeconomic analysis and related modeling and simulation tools to inform performance and systems design in modern cogeneration plants. Chapters provide a methodical approach to the design, operation and troubleshooting of cogeneration systems when they are integrated with industrial processes. Cogeneration targets, environmental impacts, total site integration, and availability and reliability issues are addressed in-depth.
- Explores exergetic and exergoeconomic analysis for optimization purposes of CHP systems
- Addresses availability and reliability issues within cogeneration systems
- Reviews modern polygeneration systems based on renewable energy resources and fuel cells
2. Applications of Cogeneration and Polygeneration
3. Major Components of Cogeneration and Polygeneration Systems
4. Thermodynamic Modeling and Simulation of Cogeneration and Polygeneration Systems
5. Exergy and Thermoeconomic Evaluation of Cogeneration and Polygeneration Systems
6. Advanced Exergetic Evaluation of Cogeneration and Polygeneration Systems
7. Total Site Integration and Cogeneration Systems
8. Desalinated Water Production in Cogeneration and Polygeneration Systems
9. Cogeneration and Polygeneration Targets
10. R-Curve Tool
11. Environmental Impacts Consideration
12. Combined Heating, Cooling, Hydrogen and Power Production
13. Modern Polygeneration Systems
14. Optimization of Cogeneration and Polygeneration Systems
15. Reliability and Availability of Cogeneration and Polygeneration Systems
16. Software Tools
Majid Amidpour is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Toosi University of Technology, Iran, Director of the Iranian Fuel Cell Society and Visiting Professor, Energy Department, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy. Amidpour is interested in developing fossil and renewable integration systems using cogeneration approaches.
Khoshgoftar Man, Mohammad Hasan
Mohammad Manesh is Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Qom, Iran. He is interested in integration systems and cogeneration.