The Psychology of Learning and Motivation, Volume 72 in this preeminent series, features empirical and theoretical contributions in cognitive and experimental psychology, ranging from classical and instrumental conditioning, to complex learning and problem-solving. Chapters in this new release cover Statistical learning predicts literacy acquisition of a foreign alphabetic and logographic language, An Investigation into Virtual Immersion Mandarin Chinese Writing Instruction with Students with Autism, Child and adult classroom L2 learners: uniqueness and similarities, and implications for cognitive models, Current Trends in Second Sign Language Research: Acquisition, Teaching and Assessment, Language Experiences and Cognitive Control: A Dynamic Perspective, and much more.
- Presents the latest information in the highly regarded Psychology of Learning and Motivation series
- Provides an essential reference for researchers and academics in cognitive science
- Contains information relevant to both applied concerns and basic research
- Language experiences and cognitive control: A dynamic perspective
Ping Li and Yanping Dong
- Studying bilingual learners and users of spoken?and?signed languages: A neurocognitive approach
Katherine J. Midgley, Yazmin E. Medina and Brittany Lee
- Event-related brain potentials in multilingual language processing: The N's and P's
Brennan R. Payne, Shukhan Ng, Kailen Shantz and Kara D. Federmeier
- Neural hemispheric organization in successful adult language learning: Is left always right?
Zhenghan Qi and Jennifer Legault
- Foreign language learning motivation: Phonetic chill or Latin lover effect? Does sound structure or social stereotyping drive FLL?
Susanne M. Reiterer, Vita Kogan, Annemarie Seither-Preisler and Gasper Pesek
- Lexical processing in child and adult classroom second language learners: Uniqueness and similarities, and implications for cognitive models
Janet G. van Hell
- The dynamics of language experience and how it affects language and cognition
Zofia Wodniecka, Alba Casado, Patrycja Kalamala, Marta Marecka, Kalinka Timmer and Agata Wolna
- The contribution of statistical learning to language and literacy acquisition
Denise H. Wu and Talat Bulut