From the basic science underpinnings to the most recent developments in medical and surgical care, Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology offers a depth and breadth of coverage you won't find in any other urology reference. Now in three manageable volumes, the revised 12th Edition is a must-have text for students, residents, and seasoned practitioners, with authoritative, up-to-date content in an intuitively organized, easy-to-read format featuring key points, quick-reference tables, and handy algorithms throughout.
- Features shorter, more practical chapters that help you find key information quickly.
- Includes new chapters on Urinary Tract Imaging: Basic Principles of Nuclear Medicine - Ethics and Informed Consent - Incisions and Access - Complications of Urologic Surgery - Urologic Considerations in Pregnancy - Intraoperative Consultation - Special Urologic Considerations in Transgender Individuals - and more.
- Covers hot topics such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery; advancements in urologic oncology, including innovative therapeutics for personalized medicine; new approaches to male infertility; technological advances for the treatment of stones; and advances in imaging modalities.
- Incorporates current AUA/EAU guidelines in each chapter as appropriate
- Updates all chapters with new content, new advances, and current references and best practices. Extensively updated chapters include Urological Immunotherapy, Minimally Invasive Urinary Diversion, and Updated Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer.
- Features more than 175 video clips, including all-new videos on perineal ultrasound, abdominoplasty in prune belly syndrome, partial penectomy, low dose rate brachytherapy, and many more.
- Written and edited by key opinion leaders, reflecting essential changes and controversies in the field.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Section I Clinical Decision Making
Section II Basics of Urologic Surgery
Section III Infections and Imflammation
Section IV Molecular and Cellular Biology
Section V Reproductive and Sexual Function
Section VI Male Genitalia
Section VII Renal Physiology and Pathophysiology
Section VIII Upper Urinary Tract Obstruction and Trauma
Section IX Urinary Lithiasis and Endourology
Section X Neoplasms of the Upper Urinary Tract
Section XI The Adrenals
Section XII Urine Transport, Storage, and Emptying
Section XIII Benign and Malignant Bladder Disorders
Section XIV Prostate
Section XV Pediatric Urology
Alan W. Partin, MD, PhD
David Hall McConnell Professor and Chair
Urologist -in-Chief, Department of Urology, Oncology
The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
Roger R. Dmochowski Professor, Urologic Surgery, Surgery and Gynecology, Program Director, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Vice Chair for Faculty Affairs and Professionalism, Section of Surgical Sciences, Associate Surgeon-in-Chief, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee.
Louis R. Kavoussi Professor and Chair, Department of Urology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, The Smith Institute for Urology.
Louis R. Kavoussi, MD, MBA, is Chairman of Urology for Northwell Health and Waldbaum-Gardner Distinguished Professor of Urology at the newly established Zucker School of Medicine. He heads the Arthur Smith Institute for Urology, which is dedicated to the treatment of urological disease through innovative surgical procedures, diagnostics and medical care
Craig A. Peters Chief, Division of Surgical Innovation, Technology and Translation, Principal Investigator, Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation, Children's National Medical Center, Professor of Urology and Pediatrics, The George Washington University and University of Virginia.
Craig A. Peters, MD
Chief, Division of Surgical Innovation, Technology and Translation
Principal Investigator, Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation
Children's National Medical Center
Professor of Urology and Pediatrics
Alan J. Wein Founders Professor and Emeritus Chief of Urology
Perelman School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania Health System
Alan J. Wein, MD
Professor and Chair, Division of Urology
University of Pennsylvania Health System